Hello from WA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Three Springs Western Australia and Imus Cavite,Ph
G'day everyone.I am enjoying this site immensely.I went looking for recipes on the net and found AHB.I was looking to see how my Father brewed beer when I was a youngster.I was hoping to replicate what he did but I have not been able to find any old recipes etc from the late 60's early 70's.
Anyway I have a brew tub and am currently brewing a can of Coopers Lager with 1kg of white sugar Hmmmn.But after reading a few forums I am going to venture in a bit deeper and start experimenting a bit.
Cheers!

Plenty of other grumpy old bastards brewing beer in Perth, you should fit in fine.

Don't listen to Nev, he's already one of them!

Welcome aboard! Any idea what style of beer your dad used to brew?

Hi guys.Thanks for the welcome.
I live in Three Springs up near Geraldton.
My only access to homebrew supplies is IGA at Dongara or Gero.
Yesterday I bought a Morgans Lager and some dextrose and Coopers British Bitter and some Coopers brew enhancer 1 & 2.
Yet to bottle the last Coopers Lager which I did with white sugar.
So I need to decide what to put with what when I do my next brew.

StalkingWilbur said:
Plenty of other grumpy old bastards brewing beer in Perth, you should fit in fine.

Don't listen to Nev, he's already one of them!

Welcome aboard! Any idea what style of beer your dad used to brew?
Hi,
I only remember him buying Saunders malt and hops and boiling it on the stove.My job was to wash the bottles.And I got a small taste when it was ready.From memory it was pretty good.LOL.

I used to make rhubarb wine with the old man, I remember it being a little explody and having to open them in the sink and pour them fast or most of it would be either on the ceiling or in the sink ;)

Good times

Welcome to the forum.
Nice to see some more people from WA.

Hey guys new here. Im in embleton/morley
Never brewed before looking for all the info on brewing beer and where/how to get started

Back