Hello from Grenfell Nsw

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chunter89

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have decided to get back into brewing, I have only done 3 brews that hadn't turned out the greatest but they were drinkable,
Any tips and pointers will be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking at getting a brewing kit from the brewing shop and practice perfecting brewing.

Cheers

Chris

Welcome! Grenfell seems a nice part of the country. Where's your nearest brew shop?

Tip one, don't go in for 'brew enhancers' go all malt (DME, LME, WME)

Tip two, don't use the kit yeast, get one more specific to the brew, specialty lager or ale yeast etc.

Tip three, temperature control does wonders for your brews

Tip four, a little bit of grain if you are adventurous adds quite a bit of fresh flavours.

Tip five. Different hops can be remarkable to add in the flavours and aromas they give.

The closet brew shop is in Bathurst, The Country Brewer,
It's about a 2 to 2 and a half hour drive away.
They seem to have a decent selection and they do offer postage.

Is there any brew shops that you know of that you could recommend?

Cheers Chris

Thanks for the advice YOB
I will be getting a coopers kit soon hopefully and will be looking at replacing the sugars and yeast to what you have recommended

Welcome Chunter, its not easy out this way with nothing local.
Big W here has a reasonable range of coopers kits as well as brigalow and tooheys, also malt and sugars.
I found I went to AG fairly quickly because it was easier and cheaper to ship in grain/hops and yeast than tins of goo.
ESB and The Brew Shop do good deals on kits for delivery from Sydney, and their pretty quick.

Your not wrong there! It's the down side to living out in the country side.

I'm hoping to pick up a coopers kit on Tuesday, then go shopping at a brew shop for better ingredients.

Thanks for the help yum beer

The brew shop is my local and they have heaps of stuff, check out the website, every time I go there during the week they are packing heaps of orders.

I had a quick browse through the brew shops website, not a bad selection at all will try them next time I need to get supplies, the first brew in a while will be going in tomorrow! Fingers crossed it turns out alright

Nice one! Just cracked open a tester of my last batch that I bulk primed with 180g dex, it's got gas after a week!
Good luck with yours!

Which method is better for priming the beer?
I've had a stable temp in the brewing fridge all day so it should hopefully turn out alright.

Latest posts

Back