Hello from a Perth brewer!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcheva

Reaction score
I've had an account for a little while but never post. I've been reading these forums for a while I figured I should say hello.

Been brewing for nearly 3 years. Went to all grain a about 2 years ago. I mostly do single infusion brews with a big round orange esky and a 50L pot. The goal is to build a herms setup eventually.

Currently in the kegs I've got an english sort of ipa it's got citra, simcoe, nelson and centennial all dumped in at the end no bittering addition and I used the wyeast london esb for the first time. I've wanted an excuse to use this yeast for a while I love fullers esb. The other keg has Jamil's Who's your taddy porter in it basically it's a clone of the sam smith taddy porter. I used the london ale 3 yeast instead of just standard nottingham. Pretty tastey.

I'd like to check out some brew clubs in Perth as I only have one other homebrewer friend. Everyone in my life else gets annoyed at me for dribbling on about hops and water profiles. So hopefully i'll get some time to check them out soon.

Hey mcheva, where are you in Perth? There's West Coast Brewers who meet in Belmont each month...

I've got the Jamil Taddy Porter in the fermenter too, also with London Ale III. It's delicious, brewed each winter because it's a great recipe.

Yeah west coast was the one I was hopefully gonna check out. So hopefully i'll come see yah next meeting.

Hi Nev my mate Adam keeps telling me I need to come see yah. I'll probably want to get a bag of that galaxy malt in a few weeks if you've got any. I'm off to Beervanna this week so i've got to save my pennies.

I'm up in the Hills Kalamunda way so belmont / bassendean isn't to far.

Welcome mcheva. Come check out West Coast Brewers.

Nev can sort your desire to get a herms running with just your credit card details :p

I was only in High Wycombe before but have since moved out into the Swan Valley. Shame as I didn't know of any brewers nearby at the time.

I'm an ex-Kalamunda boy - Gooseberry Hill Primary and Kala Senior High. Still head up to the hills each week to visit my folks, it's a great area.

I'm in Bayswater, so only about 10 mins further on from Nev.

Why not come to Nev's for the english ale fest in a couple weeks? It is a good excuse for a drink and talk crap with brewers.

I didn't grow up in Kalamunda just moved up here a while back. Engish ale festival sounds like a good time i'll see how I go.

Rock on man.
HERMS is easy as. It sounds like you are well on track to make delicious beer.
I will be in Kewdale soon and you are more than welcome to take a geez at my setup when I am up and brewing again.

Latest posts

Back