Heineken Beertender

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want one sooo bad.

Do you think that all beer companies will get those 6l kegs?

Little Creatures are using these kegs already... Quite a few cafe's & restaurants over here are serving draft pale through these babies. You can also pick one up for home for LC's itself... Bit pricey though.

The are supplied by Craig Deacon at Keg Systems

http://www.kegsystems.com/4.html

Asher for now

Someone told me that the Heineken ones use air for dispensing, and you need to pre-chill the keg in your fridge or elsewhere

I'd like to know how it works - it claims to dispense 'under CO2 pressure' but also has a pump...

My guess is there is some sort of bladder in the keg (either for the beer or for the air), so the pump creates air pressure but it doesn't contact the beer. Anyone know for sure?

how would it compare with the tap-a-draft?
http://www.ibrew.com.au/html/equipment/tap.../tapadraft.html

the heineken setup seems twice the price of the tap-a-draft, and though it includes cooling and , well, looks cool, I am not sure if in essence the price difference is worth it.

Edit: also this seems to use mini-kegs that are different from the 5 liters mini-kegs currently available here (the ones you just put a tap at the bottom and pierce the top - not much pressure but still good). That probably means that the 4 liters kegs would be a bit more expensive than normal. And as others pointed, we need a refillable version :)

I have spoken to a Heineken rep about these systems. He was trying to sell the DAVID system to a mate's restaurant - which is another handy looking piece of equipment. Its the 20L keg system designed for Restaurants with a small beer turn over, looks a bit like a bar keg fridge with a font on top.

heres some more info:
David info
The BeerTender is a simple at home draft system. It has an air driven pump, with a bladder inside the keg, keeping the beer fresh, as it never comes into contact with air. You basically have to cool the keg, and then the system will keep it cold once put inside it. It doesn't handle cooling kegs down that well. No-one was really sure on what the kegs actually looked like, (ie. if they could be refilled with home brew), other than they had a hose out the top that hooked straight into the tap. Maybe with a bit of pressure and a few special fittings, the beer could be forced back into the keg through this hose.

Not sure on what the Philips-Stella system uses.

from the heineken David page, they say they can guarantee the beer quality for 3 weeks - I am not sure I drink 20 liters in 3 weeks by myself :)
It also says that the restaurant can send the keg back to the brewery, so that would indicate they can be refilled - though not how.

Of course it'd be great for parties, but for regular use 20 liters is a bit big. The 4 or 6 liters options sound a bit better. But the swiss system probably costs around $400+, plus import costs, so I still think the tap a draft system may still have an edge - what do you reckon.

I was wondering if the blad a hadder. I'd say it might be quite a challenge to reverse-engineer one to take homebrew, but it would be awesome if it could be done.

How about this from Japan - The Let's Beer Great

letsbeergreat.JPG

(The price on that works out to about A$50 if it is Yen)

Anyone know if they are refillable? I am in Switzerland, by the way, if anyone wants one sent over to Oz I could probably sort it out for you.

How about this from Japan - The Let's Beer Great

letsbeergreat.JPG

(The price on that works out to about A$50 if it is Yen)

haha. for those who might have skimmed over it, the side reads:

"Any time, Any where
All friends come together and
Drink beer with fun
It's excellent to drink beer with
all the people!"

Couldn't have said it better myself :p

reVox

I bought one of these kegs ( not the dispener) in Belgium,full of Leffe for about 38E. The empty keg found its way downunder, and now I need to adapt it to a party keg set up.
First I need to coat he inside of the keg with some sort of people friendly sealant to keep the beer away from the aluminium shell, any ideas?
For co2 I will use a car tyre valve, for beer out cobble up a bulkhead fitting, and to seal the 50mm hole in the top probably a piece of ss plate on a thread and crossbar .

Latest posts

Back