Heineken Beertender

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr1me

Reaction score
Found out about this at work.

Heineken beertender

Looks a pretty schmick device. You buy 4L mini kegs from heineken and just plug them in, wonder if i can get my homebrew into it...

Man, I'd love to have one of those. It looks like the beer lover's version of an espresso machine

I've emailed them to find out if these will be distributed to australia, its not even in the states yet. I have to have one damnit!!!

Which email address did you sent it to? I'll send one too, the more the merrier.

Dear Mr. Prime

Thank you very much for being interested in the brand new BeerTender.

At the moment the BeerTender and its Kegs are only available in Switzerland and the Netherlands. Nevertheless we are very confident that the BeerTender will continue its success and eventually also be available in Australia, the precise date of its distribution though remains unknown.

For more information, please contact Heineken international and check on www.heineken.com.

Best regards
Your BeerTender Service Center

Matthias Willi

============================

I just used the contact form on the website.

They look great!
Sort of a midway step up to kegging if you could get the system to work with homebrew. 5 or 6 mini kegs for each brew instead of 30 odd bottles.
Looks like you would have to drink all four litre before moving to a different brew.... you would probably need three systems, lined up on the kitchen bench, with a different brew on each.

dreamboat

I'd be happy with just one system, and just split my brews half between the kegs for home and bottles for parties etc.

hmm considering that, maybe i should look at getting some of my rellies to send one over.

in the national liquor group magazine (i think thats what its called?? - the mag they send out to all liquor outlets) they had an ad for a similar product, perhaps the same although i remember it being larger, marketed towards pubs and such.

pr1me said:
are you able to get any more info on it bobby?
Sounds like the PerfectDraft system.

Beers,
Doc

Philips And Interbrew Take Draught Beer Home
Wednesday, 25 August 2004, 12:09 pm
Press Release: Philips

Leading electronics company Philips has joined with global brewing company Interbrew to develop a new appliance that will deliver the great taste of draught beer in the comfort of ones home.

The new appliance called PerfectDraft keeps beer in 6-litre kegs at an optimal constant temperature of 3C, keeping the beer fresh for 4 weeks. The product includes a real tap handle, internal cooling system, pump and a 6-litre light metal keg.

PerfectDraft will launch in Belgium using Stella Artois and Jupiler kegs and will eventually be rolled out to other countries. The recommended retails price for PerfectDraft will be $199.99EUR while the 6 litre kegs will be $14.99EUR.

John Brock, Interbrews CEO commented: When Interbrew came up with the idea of developing an in-home draught-beer dispensing appliance, Philips was a natural choice. Philips shares with Interbrew the objective of developing innovative products which improve daily life.

Han van Splunter CEO of Philips Domestic Appliances and Personal Care (DAP) division, added: Philips strongly believes in developing products, which meet the changing behavior of the consumer. Therefore, we are happy to team up with excellent partners to explore these new needs. Partnering with Interbrew to finally bring the great taste of draught beer into the home is definitely the right choice for Philips.

unreal
if the idea takes off im sure other brewerys will follow suit and we can have heaps available for us to get our hands on.

A six litre keg would be a pearler of a size. Imagine taking one of those units to a barbie... you could just sit it down next to you and not have to move your arse for the whole afternoon. Bliss.

Kai said:
A six litre keg would be a pearler of a size.
The kegs look very good.
I'm sure us frugle brewers could convert them for use in our own environments.

Beers,
Doc

PerfectDraft2.jpg

do they have a co2 cartridge in there or something?

The Heineken one is now available in France so we maybe getting closer to seeing them down here.
Who'll be the first to get one and modify it for craftbrew ? :p

Doc

Looks a hell of a lot simpler than some of the kegging setups I've seen

If it can be easily converted for home brewing use it will be revolutionary

I want one

Back