Heater For Stc-1000

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougB

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Just ordered an STC-1000 from ebay and was wondering what to use for the heating side. Maybe a heating belt or pad. Any suggestions.

I've just got a lamp with a normal globe. works fine. Especially for summer...

I use a lead light and normal globe. Worked fine over winter.

I have a heating pad that my dad used to use, works a treat if you have one. Otherwise do that the other guys said :)

I use a standard brewers heating pad in one and a reptile heating mat in the other - Ebay link

Reptile heat pad is just as good as the brewers heat pad at a fraction of the cost.

I use a standard brewers heating pad in one and a reptile heating mat in the other - Ebay link

Reptile heat pad is just as good as the brewers heat pad at a fraction of the cost.

Do you put the fermenter on the heat pad or just hang it inside the fridge somewhere?

Heat belt ftw

yes, you put the fermenter on heat pads. The only thing is that they heat up the trub. I've read some people think this can affect the flavour, whether it's true or not depends on who you ask. They last longer than belts though, I know a guy who's been using the same pad for 20+ years.

I use reptile heating cords hung around the inside of the 'fridge. Work well. You're in QLD. Do you need a heater? I wouldn't think so for the next 6 months at least...

Thanks Guys, a lot of good ideas there. One other question. Does the controller have to be inside the fridge or can it be fitted on the outside.

mine is outside.. no need to put it in.. fridge seems to close fine..

Im with Smurto

Heat the air, not the fermenter.

bnwUSqMaQWOUbDV5W4D8mg_lrg.jpg

Are you guys using heaters in combination with the cooling power of the fridge? I have nothing in my heating side, the heat of QLD seems to do a pretty good job!

I used to use an incadescent light (very low wattage = 20W).
Now I use a second hand electric blanket, but when it dies I'll return to the incadescent light.

I use a ceramic heat bulb, mainly used in incuabtors I think. Works extremely well. its needed her in vic.

Ceramic_Heat_Bulb.jpg

Back