Beer-mergency! STC-1000 failed just after pitching (where to find replacement in Adelaide?)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsck

Reaction score
GAH!

ok. Need a replacement stc-1000 in Adelaide. I'm north east of the city... on a sunday... at 4pm.

should hold a spare i suppose but next time. Any ideas for tomorrow at least ?

TIA.

I've got a NIB one you can have ( will need it replaced in future).

What does it control?
stc-1000 240v temp controller. can drive both a heat circuit and a cooling circuit. I had just pitched the yeast, went to change the temp to 19 degrees and the unit stopped working. very unfortunate.

I've got a NIB one you can have ( will need it replaced in future).
Thanks! I ended up ordering one from amazon. Doesn't feel like the same quality as the previous one by weight but in any case it arrived in 2 business days. So maybe that's a question - is there a more reputable source for these controllers vs what might be clones or rip offs ?

Thanks! I ended up ordering one from amazon. Doesn't feel like the same quality as the previous one by weight but in any case it arrived in 2 business days. So maybe that's a question - is there a more reputable source for these controllers vs what might be clones or rip offs ?
I don't know a "reputable source", but I do know the quality does vary between suppliers. I replaced one recently that got quite hot (and on power out also wiped the compression timeout to some hours long value).

I just have a stash of a few replacement STC's in event of failure. At $10 - $15 ea it's not too much of an investment, and only takes a couple min to swap out.

Latest posts

Back