Heady Topper - The Alchemist

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreadMurderer

Reaction score
Whoaw! This one took me by surprise...

Did some beer sampling last night with a few American friends (one being from Vermont where the brewery is located) and one of the beers was this bad boy. In a tin I was a little put off (I'm used to "good beer" being in brown bottles) but was re-assured that it was one of the best rated beers on beeradvocate.com. Not wanting to be swayed by the hype I took a whiff...

Oh me the hops blow your head off! Tasted just as hoptastic as the aroma. Being a DIPA it was dangerously easy to drink too. Hats off to this one. :beerbang:

Anyone else had it?

It's not filtered. If you save the dregs from the can you can get that yeast going (it's a house yeast called Conan). I'd love to get my hands on some.

Had it a few times and agreed the drinkability is thru the roof. Unfiltered hoppy goodness. I've always had it very fresh and interestingly the last can I had late last year was huge onion/garlic profile, very Summity. I've heard they use hop extract purely in the boil, but who's to know?

I haven't tried a can yet, but I'm hunting it down. I'll be brewing it soon I hope. Full recipe in BYO mag a couple of months ago. Don't recall them using any hop extract in the article but who knows what they r up to now.
Pretty cool little operation they have there in Vermont and I'm loving the idea of IIPA in a can.
I have about $250 worth of hops ready to go!

Latest posts

Back