Heads Up: Home Gas Smoker

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cube

SAY MY NAME, BITCH
Reaction score
http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_162...010-11-25-05-56

Cheap, looks the goods and dosen't take up much room.

W48_008_smoker.jpg

hmmm very tempted wonder if i can get it past swmbo

Get in quick, they sold out real fast last time they were offered.

hmmm very tempted wonder if i can get it past swmbo

Hey, buy it, quickly wrap it, tell her it is for from family and carry it under the tree. She will be mega impressed because it weighs so much.

Bonus is on divorce you have anew smoker.

be carefull they look like the same type as the ebay ones, did some research and to smoke proper you need to smoke at low temps i.e 80c to 150c the ones one ebay did not go that low.

asked and was told no. oh well ill get the one from.bcf when the current one dies.

redb do.you have a set of plans for that one as i can see one at croz

Google drum smoker, they'll go low enough. Far cheaper, no throwing cash at a multinational, and you have the satisfaction of having made it yourself. Plus, gas isn't "true" smoking and although it's convenient it won't impart the right flavour without help.

Hell yes.

Google "trash can smoker" and you'll get the picture. I've smoked using an electric hot plate and a small hooded BBQ - and my main smoker is an electric hotplate, a PID controller and a cardboard box.

Note - do not let this statement fool you into thinking I am "experienced" I've only done it a few times... But it does seem to have worked.

asked and was told no. oh well ill get the one from.bcf when the current one dies.

redb do.you have a set of plans for that one as i can see one at croz

lol looking at the pic, the smoke seems to be going the wrong way :p

Hell yes.

Google "trash can smoker" and you'll get the picture. I've smoked using an electric hot plate and a small hooded BBQ - and my main smoker is an electric hotplate, a PID controller and a cardboard box.

Note - do not let this statement fool you into thinking I am "experienced" I've only done it a few times... But it does seem to have worked.

Stillscottish was using a electric fry pan and a cardboard box :blink: .
Hey, it worked.

Note to myself: Ignore posts by Stillscottish on DIY smoker builds :p

Cheers for the reference to trash can smokers, Thirstyboy. Might have to make that a project for tomorrow, and get myself a nice big fish to cook up.

If youlike smoke and bbq check out the texas smoker should only be around $1800 but well worth it imo.

website%20pics%20trays.jpg

websitepics029.jpg

websitepics007.jpg

Back