Having a whinge at the price of beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good4whatAlesU said:
A mate used to sneak rum into the footy by hiding it in a sunscreen 'Pump pack'. Cleaned it out first of course ;)
good4.....stick with that crazy *******, he is an ideas man! Who would ever think to look in the old pump pack. Brilliant.

good4whatAlesU said:
A mate used to sneak rum into the footy by hiding it in a sunscreen 'Pump pack'. Cleaned it out first of course ;)
I usually take a hipflask filled with scotch. At the footy I buy a 600mL bottle of coke, take a few swigs then go for a walk to a dunny cubicle for a good top up. Warms the gizzards on a cold night.

Phoney, if you use the pump pack technique you won't need to worry about visiting the shitter. Just sit there applying some sunscreen to your coke bottle......it's the simplicity of that approach that has really attracted me.

Maybe we could pressurise some pale ale into a aeorgard spray can.....tropical strength beer only.

Remember Bathurst......

Those guys where pro's at sneaking in grog....

Oh man...fun times :)

Ducatiboy stu said:
Remember Bathurst......

Those guys where pro's at sneaking in grog....

Oh man...fun times :)
I reckon. A carton a day per person isn't anywhere near enough for a Bathurst weekend!

Didn't they bury cartons on the hill weeks ahead and dig them up on the day?

I do know that an you can fit a carton into 1 door of an XC Falcon :)

Ducatiboy stu said:
I do know that an you can fit a carton into 1 door of an XC Falcon :)
What about getting the XC Falcon with a lpg gas conversion thats fake and the tank is used as a keg.

It's hard not to want to agree with you, however as long as it's a decent place and they serve variety then I don't mind too much the $10/pint charge for GENUINE craft beer. I do however have an issue with places touting themselves as having unique beers on tap, only to find out it's basically the Matilda Bay range (I like Ruby Tuesday, but it's not craft beer).

I do like (in Brisbane) the Green Beacon as they brew onsite. I can justify that price when I can see the fermenters right in front of me.

On a side note: Anyone noticed that Newstead Brewery are selling 6pk's for $26? What the hell? Especially when I'm less than 15k's from the brewery and EVERYONE around me stocks it. It reeks of facial piercings, man bun's and stank beards coated with quinoa.

/rantover

I was at the Noble Hops a few weeks ago, and made the mistake of ordering the Almanac Dogpatch Sour without looking at the price.

Well that was a $40 stubby. Didn't realise until after it was opened.

Yes it was great, but that is insane for a beer. Just insane prices

DeanMcMullen said:
On a side note: Anyone noticed that Newstead Brewery are selling 6pk's for $26? What the hell? Especially when I'm less than 15k's from the brewery and EVERYONE around me stocks it. It reeks of facial piercings, man bun's and stank beards coated with quinoa.

/rantover
Those 6 packs aren't even brewed/bottled onsite at Newstead

I'll be popping into The Old Bank in Dubbo for a glass or 3 of Coopers Extra Strong Vintage Ale this weekend, so I'll let y'all know if the prices from hipsterish areas have seeped out into the country or not (I'm hoping not..)

sp0rk said:
I'll be popping into The Old Bank in Dubbo for a glass or 3 of Coopers Extra Strong Vintage Ale this weekend, so I'll let y'all know if the prices from hipsterish areas have seeped out into the country or not (I'm hoping not..)
I paid $28 for 2 Schooners of this at Mr Edwards Brisbane......i wish I had of checked the price, there was probs a better beer to be had for the bones.

LorriSanga said:
I paid $28 for 2 Schooners of this at Mr Edwards Brisbane......i wish I had of checked the price, there was probs a better beer to be had for the bones.
My local had 2 kegs of this on last year.... $6 Schmiddy ( yes its a wanky name for 320ml glass )

Best bang for your buck beer I have ever drank. ^ of them and you felt all warm and fuzzy...literally.. :D

In other news, was talking to the Coopers rep ( sorry, change that to having a few beers at the pub ) and the new IPA will be here very soon

it's been getting around, looking forward to tasting it. Feedback has been good so far - like a hopped up sparkling ale apparently.

joshuahardie said:
I was at the Noble Hops a few weeks ago, and made the mistake of ordering the Almanac Dogpatch Sour without looking at the price.

Well that was a $40 stubby. Didn't realise until after it was opened.

Yes it was great, but that is insane for a beer. Just insane prices
meanwhile its like $11US for a 375ml bottle in the states...

Back