Have Font And Perlicks.. What Fittings Are Needed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetsamHsam

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I purchased a set of Perlick taps a little while ago, just the bare taps (no fittings). I want to hook them up to my andale font, however I am not to sure about which fittings I will need to do the job. Can anyone help, I have attached a photo so you can see what fittings I currently have..

Font.jpg

Hi Everybody,

I purchased a set of Perlick taps a little while ago, just the bare taps (no fittings). I want to hook them up to my andale font, however I am not to sure about which fittings I will need to do the job. Can anyone help, I have attached a photo so you can see what fittings I currently have..
There may be another way incorporating some of the fittings you have already, but if you pull it back to the bare font, you can use the Snap-lock adaptors with the perlicks as seen here . That's what I have done with mine.

I have also done exactly the same as Maple.

Regards

Graeme

Hi Everybody,

what are you doing with the florytes. are you goin to sell em

Speaking of florytes does anyone know the best place to get a new handle for one and is there any custom style of handles available that would fit.

Cheers :icon_chickcheers:

Thanks for the help guys, does anyone have any advice around using the current fittings as the snaplocks are more expensive than the bloody taps... And come to think of it, more expensive than the font aswell........

I will probably end up selling the Florytes when I get the Perlicks up and running...

Thanks for the help guys, does anyone have any advice around using the current fittings as the snaplocks are more expensive than the bloody taps... And come to think of it, more expensive than the font aswell........

I will probably end up selling the Florytes when I get the Perlicks up and running...

send me a pm if your interested in selling

Not meaning to rain on your idea but your font is set up with Lock-in fittings. So what you need is a 5/8" to lock in adaptor.
I dont know if such beast exists. Other wise your going to have to replace all the parts to the 3/4" fount insert with snaplok fittings which as you've been shown is a $65 excercise for each tap.

I'd be contacting someone like Lefty or even Ross to see if an adaptor to go from the perlicks to the Lock-in exists.
Maybe Andale themselves make one (though I doubt it).

As a side note - is there any reasons you want to change from the Florytes? I would have thought the Florytes are a better tap...

I see your font is frosted alittle what are you running through it? and what temp?

send me a pm if your interested in selling

Will do..

Not meaning to rain on your idea but your font is set up with Lock-in fittings. So what you need is a 5/8" to lock in adaptor.
I dont know if such beast exists. Other wise your going to have to replace all the parts to the 3/4" fount insert with snaplok fittings which as you've been shown is a $65 excercise for each tap.

I'd be contacting someone like Lefty or even Ross to see if an adaptor to go from the perlicks to the Lock-in exists.
Maybe Andale themselves make one (though I doubt it).

That isn't good news..

As a side note - is there any reasons you want to change from the Florytes? I would have thought the Florytes are a better tap...

They seem to "squirt" the beer out at the start of the pour before the tap is fully open creating a fair amount of foam. I also don't like the look of them..

I see your font is frosted alittle what are you running through it? and what temp?

It isn't frosted, it is just condensation. I am running Water/Metho through which is kept between 2-3 degrees

Sorry RetsamHsam, nobody (to my knowledge) produces a lock-in shank tap adapter. I recommend you take the advice of some the other brewers and move to snaplock adapters and shanks. You can then sell the Florytes with the adapters. I can supply you with some cheaper used nickel plated brass snaplock adapters if your interested.

You can then sell the Florytes with the adapters. I can supply you with some cheaper used nickel plated brass snaplock adapters if your interested.

What are the disadvantages of the Nickel Plated adaptors.. How much would I be looking at for them (and do they come with the 5/8 Inch fitting for the tap)??

What are the disadvantages of the Nickel Plated adaptors.. How much would I be looking at for them (and do they come with the 5/8 Inch fitting for the tap)??

As per my PM, if the plating is worn and the brass is exposed they can leave a metalic taste in the beer their touching. However, there is around 10-20ml of beer in the tap so you can just pour off the first ammount. This often helps with the pour as the beer and CO2 often seperate in the tap/adapter due to being at ambient temperature. This seperation causes foaming.

Latest posts

Back