Has the forum jumped the shark?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think ya just wanted to use the term. Not relevant to the forum imo. Forums evolve. Some die..like what is predicted for bookface.

I prefer the classic "Flogging a dead horse" to "Jumping the shark"

Diesel80 said:
I am active all the time. Stalk the forum at work, login via the AHB app on mobile, jump on randomly through the night.
Since i BIAB you saying I should head over to BIABbrewer? any perthies on there Bribie?
A few perthies on there but it seems like most have left forums in place of Facebook groups.

Seinfeld dodged the shark by quiting whilst on top. Its really a term that applies to tv shows. Breakingbad also dodged it. Although 'better call saul' may flirt with the shark. Many movies jump it with II, III, IV etc. Game of thrones may risk it.

Facebook. -_- I know its a necessary evil. But not really.
Could anyone who brewed a prize winning Beer contribute it to Face Book? fark orf.....The thought makes me feel sick.

If anti-facebook could be personified. It would be me....
I did a computer forensics course, as a result of what i learned, the last thing i want to be doing is putting all my sh1t out there for all to grab a hold of.
You would be amazed how much information ppl leak by joining FB and other social media. It is sickening, big corporations and criminals have a f*cking field day with it.

I think i will hold on for as long as i can to the small amount anonymity i have left. My precious.

Cheers,
D80

I agree Facebook is a vacuum but the as far as getting mass people connected it sadly works. The Perth Home Brewing group on there has nearly 1000 members so its almost a necessity if you want to be involved with the case swaps/barrel projects etc as there is near nil use of forums such as AHB.

I can't join it now, because everyone will know who I am. I will just have to assume someone else's identity and glean what i need.....

Cheers,
D80

Haha I will set up a feed of updates for you. It may also include what people had for breakfast or when they are going on holidays so you will need to filter that info out.

Hi, I'm looking at different things on forum at various times throughout the day,sometimes like today haven't had a chance until now.Using either iPad or tablet so don't know if it shows up or not?The wealth and volume of info is amazing.Similar thoughts as D80 as to Facebook and I for one want to see forum keep going.My 2c's worth,Rob.

earle said:
My airlocks not bubbling. I think the kitten has blocked it.
68-011115014736.gif

Whut !?

Oh yeah, only one member on at the moment.

Bribie G said:
Recently I've noticed that when I log on, there are often only about 8 registered members online even at busy times of the day such as mid evening. What happened to 15 or 30 members?
Right now there are actually more registered members sitting on BIABrewer than on AHB.

Hmmmm....
I noticed the number of registered members on line, or at least the number showing in the users on line list at the bottom of the page dropped the day this http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/87003-were-on-aws/ announcement was made and hasn’t been the same since.

I commented on it in post #17 in that thread. Is that what you’re talking about?

Still relevant just the battles of yore to find quality ingredients and equipment are now over, thus a lot of subject matter has probably evaporated. I still think this place is great and long may it continue!

Diesel80 said:
If anti-facebook could be personified. It would be me....
I did a computer forensics course, as a result of what i learned, the last thing i want to be doing is putting all my sh1t out there for all to grab a hold of.
You would be amazed how much information ppl leak by joining FB and other social media. It is sickening, big corporations and criminals have a f*cking field day with it.

I think i will hold on for as long as i can to the small amount anonymity i have left. My precious.

Cheers,
D80
and if conspiracy theorists are right to is majority owned by CIA....

earle said:
Nah, just kidding. I use glad wrap, airlocks are for dickheads.
your the dick head. And as for why no one on the site. Too many dickheads like you.

Latest posts

Back