Hangover Cures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea! thats what I forgot! Still consuming lots and lot of beer though,

Id say, its not the alcohol that makes you feel bad next morning, it must be the sleep that makes you dizzy.

proof: at night, right before going to bed, everything still feels alright. After you fall asleep and wake up in the morning, youll feel bad.

So it must be the sleep that gives you that special hangover feeling :p

Id say, its not the alcohol that makes you feel bad next morning, it must be the sleep that makes you dizzy.

proof: at night, right before going to bed, everything still feels alright. After you fall asleep and wake up in the morning, youll feel bad.

So it must be the sleep that gives you that special hangover feeling :p

I agree with Zwickel, when my son comes to visit and we pull an all nighter with no sleep I feel fantastic at 8.00am :icon_chickcheers: .

Not so good at 6.00pm though :wacko: .

Andrew

I dont care in what form, but I need A Cure right now! (reminds me of a Fugazi song actually ... )

I remember when I was an apprentice and we all began our long journey to long term Alc consumption, one of the boys was a not that willing to drink for fear it wouldmake him sick..

So we told him to drink a glass full of cooking oil before hand, and it would line his guts and not make him sick.... :lol:

who needs to go to hungrey jacks,KFC etc when you can make this at home to help the hang over. not that i had a hangover on sunday but usually features when i do have a hangover

Yeah, big fan of the home cooking citymorgue. This is my favourite, especially for those who like chilli or Mexican food:

1 large white onion
500g beef mince
1 can '5 bean mix', or kidney beans
Raguletto 'Basil & Red Wine' pasta sauce (or favourite pasta sauce)
3 cloves garlic
chilli flakes
black pepper
Homebrand 'taco seasoning' you get in palm sized packets from the Woolworths pasta sauce/indian food isle for ~80c a packet. Near the tortilla wraps.

Dice and cook onion in a pan until just going translucent, then throw in your mince and break up until fine.
Tip in beans after draining liquid out of the can, stir through with onion and mince.
Put pasta sauce in (about 2/3rd's of a jar or until desired consistency) with half of the packet of seasoning mix, crushed garlic and chilli + pepper to taste.
Give a good stir and simmer until desired consistency is reached.

Serve on tortillas with chopped capsicum, lettuce and cheese. Add tobasco sauce if desired. Don't forget to warm the tortillas in the microwave beforehand for about 15~20 seconds per tortilla.

Lived on that for literally half of my meals through university. Cheap, easy, tasty. Love my burritos!

Cheers - boingk

PS: I find a glass or four of water before bed also drastically reduces a hangover. I generally switch while I'm still out & about.

Next you'll be telling me you like fish jerky. My Icelandic friend let me try some once and omg :icon_vomit:
You sound like the perfect candidate for some fish crackling

My hangover cure (minimisation) is a big bottle of blue sports drink; yes it has to be the blue one, no idea why but seems to work better. A tactical chunder doesn't go astray either :ph34r:

Thanks for that recipe, Boink. What do you call it? White-as-**** Burritos? Jesus wept. Bolognese with beans.

White-as-**** Burritos. . . . Bolognese with beans.

Might sound simple but it goes down a treat. Trick is to not use anywhere near as much sauce as you'd use for pasta, and rack up the spices big time. If you've got a better stocked spice rack than I've ever had then you can ditch the 'just kinda almost acceptable' taco seasoning and add in some cayan pepper, paprika, cummin, a pinch of salt...and whatever else you happen to have at hand that you like to add in for a bit of extra kick. Some limes compliment the chilli and black pepper well if you've got them to squeeze over the top.

Using lamb instead of beef mince also makes it a bit better. Fuller, richer flavour IMO.

White-as-**** Burritos?

Don't suppose you'd be anything other than white, mate?

- boingk

What's all this bloody eating nonsense!!?

You don't eat your way through a hangover...

You can do one of three things.

i. 5.30am (as long as you're not still drinking), Swim.
ii. Keep drinking, that's right, wake up and reach for that bottle of Barley Wine at the bottom of the fridge, as soon as you feel the effects, switch to your normal brew and keep yourself topped up...
iii. Just plain water - dribble it in all day... towards the end of the evening, force a pint down. Then continue drinking. Your bladder will hate you...

Alternatively, don't combine anything, or drink sulphates.

It does go well with pork, actually! Bit of a fan of satay pork wraps, too. Somehow goes really well with it even though you don't see the combination all that much.

- boingk

Don't suppose you'd be anything other than white, mate?

I am white and grew up in a very white environment and as I result am very well versed in the horrors of boring, Anglo food.

Latest posts

Back