Hammer 'n' Tongs Draught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it in Liquorland @ world square last night, funny thing is, after all this, i almost thought of buying some before i woke up and realised i have much more tasty beer at home. Cracked a Saison after getting in the door. :beerbang:

Do they sell it in the singles fridge? I'd consider buying ~one~ just so I know what I'm bagging, but a whole carton or even a sixer: no %$&(ing way!

yep for $2... :ph34r:

I have a casual job at the said retailer.

I didn't manage to get to World Square yesterday, but I did today. I am now the "proud"(??) owner of a bottle of Hammer 'N' Tongs. The brewer is listed as "Freeman & Sons Brewing Corp" on the logo and "Australian Beer Connoisseurs" of Tooronga in the small print. The bottle has Brewed in Tasmania embossed on it, like Boags Draught.

Will report back when I sipped the golden nectar within. Has anyone else braved a taste yet?

I didn't manage to get to World Square yesterday, but I did today. I am now the "proud"(??) owner of a bottle of Hammer 'N' Tongs. The brewer is listed as "Freeman & Sons Brewing Corp" on the logo and "Australian Beer Connoisseurs" of Tooronga in the small print. The bottle has Brewed in Tasmania embossed on it, like Boags Draught.

Will report back when I sipped the golden nectar within. Has anyone else braved a taste yet?

I hope it's kinder to your taste buds than the VB Mid. :unsure:

All of my previous prejudices about this beer are justified. Just another boring megalager. I assume the lower price is possible because of lower excise due to the 4% alc as opposed to 4.8%-5% of other beers. I guess they get a Tasman bitter or something and add 20% more water.

Ho-hum cookie-cutter lager. No faults, but nothing special about it. My 10 year old son tasted it and said "bland".

anyone else not surprised the final verdict is that its pretty much the same as every other macro-lager out there on the market?

anyone else not surprised the final verdict is that its pretty much the same as every other macro-lager out there on the market?

Naah i was thinking it would be australia's answer to westvleteren 12!!

:lol:

My father killed my passion for Amsterdam Mariner when it was on special for $15 @ young IGA and he brought 10 cases, 2 weeks of that was just about enough for me.... Cant stand the stuff now....

But back on topic PM, if thats how ya get ya kicks glad I could provide some entertainment :)

when the hell was this on special for $15? please explain DC, i have never seen it this cheap...

All of my previous prejudices about this beer are justified. Just another boring megalager. I assume the lower price is possible because of lower excise due to the 4% alc as opposed to 4.8%-5% of other beers. I guess they get a Tasman bitter or something and add 20% more water.

Ho-hum cookie-cutter lager. No faults, but nothing special about it. My 10 year old son tasted it and said "bland".

Does this mean that we are now justified in being elitist? or does it still mean we are full of beer-wank?

(I will continue to be elitist until megaswill tastes better, and is purchasable in Corny kegs for a sub $30 price)

Festa.

I may go a case to have on hand, I always like to have something like extra dry when I need to slam em down fast after a shocker of a day.

I may go a case to have on hand, I always like to have something like extra dry when I need to slam em down fast after a shocker of a day.

Aha - just like we said, it's for alcoholics :ph34r:

How is that alcoholism?

I am sure I am not the only person on here who has a beer or 5 to relax after a shocker of a day.

How is that alcoholism?

I am sure I am not the only person on here who has a beer or 5 to relax after a shocker of a day.

I'm not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings.

If I have a pint or two after work, it'll be a nice crafted pint or two.

btw, H'n'T is not dry. It's watery.

I told you this was aimed at kids

Nah, my kid didn't like it. He's a homebrewer's son after all :)

I much prefer to come home and shoot up.

Yeah, Beer for the stress, "ice" to keep me from falling alseep (beer is a depressant after all!), heroin to keep me from jumping outta my skin and then some coke bring it all back into balance.

I'll buy H'n'T but thank goodness I'm not an alcoholic!

Latest posts

Back