Hammer 'n' Tongs Draught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is fun....just like the ole days hey?....talk about de-ja-vu! :p

I've just never liked the derogatory tone that a lot of people have when they refer to 95% of the population that is happy and enjoys drinking tooheys new ect.... Its unnecessary.

I would buy Amsterdam Mariner if it came in brown bottles...

Does HnT Draught (sic) come in brown bottles? :p

You've totally missed my point or just ignored it PM.

I said thats the reason most people get into it, then via the exposure to it or experimentation slowly but surely and improve there methods and try different styles.

I haven't missed the point, I've just stepped up the elitism a notch to piss you off, DC.

I would buy Amsterdam Mariner if it came in brown bottles...

If there was more cheap beer like Mariner, I'd buy more cheap beer.

My father killed my passion for Amsterdam Mariner when it was on special for $15 @ young IGA and he brought 10 cases, 2 weeks of that was just about enough for me.... Cant stand the stuff now....

But back on topic PM, if thats how ya get ya kicks glad I could provide some entertainment :)

I've just never liked the derogatory tone that a lot of people have when they refer to 95% of the population that is happy and enjoys drinking tooheys new ect.... Its unnecessary.

There's nothing derogatory about my point. Those people are happy and continue to make the same choices, that's their right. If I want to buy a light beer, I'll buy Rogers, but I like beer. I'll wager HnT is crap and is made for a marketing position amongst all the other low margin-high volume boring beers. We're a beer forum, we're allowed to bag bad beer, it is the nature of the site. Passion for _good_ beer.

My father killed my passion for Amsterdam Mariner when it was on special for $15 @ young IGA and he brought 10 cases, 2 weeks of that was just about enough for me.... Cant stand the stuff now....

But back on topic PM, if thats how ya get ya kicks glad I could provide some entertainment :)

You're always good for a good argument and a good laugh DC. :) :beer:

It's about damn time we had another bitchfight. (and over a cheap beer too! brilliant!)
It makes a slow arvo at work a lot more bearable.
Nice work, PoMo & DC. :beer:

I like to keep things interesting here and provide the alternative point of view :)

Those same people eat white bread every day, drive Falcodores and live in off-the-plan cookie-cutter houses. White bread, Falcodore, cookie-cutter beer is all they want and is what they'll continue to get.
well said :beer: can i buy that on a t-shirt?

Introducing Hammer 'N' Tongs Chardonnay!
26 Apr 2007

Great news for wine lovers! Hammer N Tongs Chardonnay, a great new Aussie white at a legendary price was launched in 1st Choice Liquor Superstore last week and will hit Liquorland shelves on 14 May.

Hammer 'N' Tongs Chardonnay is the newest private label offering from Coles Liquor and fans of a good, honest wine will love the clean, crisp taste of this great value Chardonnay. Created in the age-old tradition using the purest grapes, Hammer N Tongs is a good honest Chardonnay - smooth and refreshing with no real taste.

Available in 750ml bottles and 4 litre casks, Hammer N Tongs not only tastes great, but is available for a legendary everyday price. Casks will retail for $6.99 each or two for $12.

So drop in to 1st Choice, pick up a bottle or cask, and whack some in the fridge so youve got a cold one ready for when the thirst hits!

Can you ever see that working?

Casks of beer?

Maybe u's were right about it being for alco's lol.

Casks of beer?

Maybe u's were right about it being for alco's lol.

Read the post Ben - it's talking about wine and how people would never fall for such a cheap crappy product spiel and marketing model if it were wine. Sure there's cheap wine out there but there's not a big fuss about it.

sadly Kook, yes. yes i can

if you hadn't noticed, it's all about price point.

Read the post Ben - it's talking about wine and how people would never fall for such a cheap crappy product spiel and marketing model if it were wine. Sure there's cheap wine out there but there's not a big fuss about it.

I am sorry master.....

Pls dont put me back in the cellar......!!!!

We're a beer forum, we're allowed to bag bad beer, it is the nature of the site. Passion for _good_ beer.

bagging a beer is one thing and totally acceptable , but bagging a brewer especially a new one for wanting to copy a beer that he/she likes at the time is a different issue and i dont believe it to be acceptable...

everyone has their own tastes , which change with time and experience...

bagging a beer is one thing and totally acceptable , but bagging a brewer especially a new one for wanting to copy a beer that he/she likes at the time is a different issue and i dont believe it to be acceptable...

everyone has their own tastes , which change with time and experience...

Whoa there. No one has asked to clone this beer and I haven't bagged anyone for wanting to clone anything recently. Your implication is that I have done that in this thread. Easy there! (Who have I done that to in the past? Maybe a Corona or TED wanna-brewer?)

A slab for $26 :eek:

Sure to be good at that price.

Maybe so, however, if you were to draw your attention to Coles' other latest beer marketing tool, they are rolling back, no sorry rewinding the price or Peroni to $50 a slab. Why the comparison you may ask?

If H'n'T is selling at just above $25, thats 2 slabs per slab of Peroni, so using price as an indicator of quality, H'n'T would be around half as good.

Any beer half as good as Peroni may be worth a try wouldnt you agree?? ;)

If H'n'T is selling at just above $25, thats 2 slabs per slab of Peroni, so using price as an indicator of quality, H'n'T would be around half as good.

Any beer half as good as Peroni may be worth a try wouldnt you agree?? ;)

Take out the excise and bottle prices when you make your comparison. Excise, say $15 per case for the Peroni and $10 for the HnT, then the bottles, which we'll generously (cheaply) price at $8 each. Allow $10 for transporting the Peroni and you're left with "raw" prices of a $7 HnT vs a $22 Peroni. Now we're probably looking at equitable pricing ;)

Back