Grumpy's Brewhaus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieJosh

Reaction score
Hey all

I went in the the Adelaide hills yesterday to a place named Grumpys! I must say i was very impressed! They make there own AG beers there and there is some awsome wood fired pizza!
I had two pints, Buzz Beer - a honey wheat beer and a Tomcat - a pilsner. for food i had the Italian Job pizza! it was bloody lovley!
Grumpys in right near the German town of Hahndorf. Id deff recomend it to anyone who likes food and beer! Ill be going back there very soon to do a day of drinking and eating!
here is there website with lots of info and pictures for anyone who is intrested! :icon_cheers:
http://www.grumpys.com.au/

Hi Josh,

yeah, they make some bitchin' ales there!
I'm told they used to sell all sorts of HB/AG stuff and even wort you could
take home and ferment yourself but unfortunately mustve been b4 my brewing days.
:icon_offtopic:

Wayne and Amanda at BB are gonna start selling wort sometime in the near future so that'll be interesting. Half the fun is making it yourself but I'd still give it a go.

Cheers

I'm told they used to sell all sorts of HB/AG stuff and even wort you could

they did indeed.....ah the memories. It was Grumpys that got me away from kits with their 10 min boil kits. Can still remember my first Grumpys Boston Cream ale. They used to have a forum too
Cheers
Steve

ahh, the old Grumpys forum. The stammtisch(sp) nights were great fun.

When i went there i was hoping i could take a bunch of there beers home in bottles! But they did not sell there brews in bottles! :( the guy said somthing about they could not aford a bottling line. :(

I know they are not a sponsor, but you can still buy their products, now comes under www.stillbrewing.com.au
Not affiliated etc, just bought some great stuff from them.

Cheers

Robbo

They used to be my local HBS when I started brewing many years ago.

A great step in getting into Partials, etc with the beers they (used to) sell.

I am heading to Grumpy's on the weekend and heard that they may sell "growlers" (maybe 1 ltr bottles) for takeaway of each of their beers. Anyone know if this is still the case?

I am heading to Grumpy's on the weekend and heard that they may sell "growlers" (maybe 1 ltr bottles) for takeaway of each of their beers. Anyone know if this is still the case?
I think you're confusing Grumpy's with Lobethal Bierhaus who sell 2L growlers of most of their beers.

I find grumpys to be average, make the trip to lobethal beer is a lot better.

I went there a couple years back and the beers were really meh. It feels more like a pizza restaurant with a brewery attached than a brewpub, wich is a shame because I heard their beers used to be awesome. I agree with dj, skip them and go straight to Lobethal.

I went there a couple years back and the beers were really meh. It feels more like a pizza restaurant with a brewery attached than a brewpub, wich is a shame because I heard their beers used to be awesome. I agree with dj, skip them and go straight to Lobethal.

Perhaps it's worth PMing Voosher who is one of the owners who was a helpful and very active member here a few years ago. He would be most interested to see how his products are being reviewed and may have some more 'current' info on how things are going B) .

Perhaps it's worth PMing Voosher who is one of the owners who was a helpful and very active member here a few years ago. He would be most interested to see how his products are being reviewed and may have some more 'current' info on how things are going B) .
Voosher was only ever an employee, like myself. Andrew Schultz is and always was, the owner.
Voosh hasn't stepped into Grumpy's for two years now, and hasn't any more current information than April 2008.

Apologies for dragging up an old thread but ive discovered by accident Grumpys is up for sale. Anyone know anymore and why?

If I remember correctly, Andrew first said that he was looking to sell about 6 years ago. They didn't sell at the time so I don't know if he has been waiting for the rjght buyer all this time or is just having another go now.

Meh, overpriced. Prancing Pony at the other end of the same town and Lobethal Bierhaus 15 mins away have taken over and become what Grumpy's could have been. Needs some serious money tipped in to bring it back to its former glory. A shame.

Latest posts

Back