Growler filling.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pogierob

Reaction score
So, obviously I keg.

What I'm wanting is info on how people fill their growlers.

The keg fridge can fit the co2 bottle and 3 cornies, what I'm thinking is if I upgrade tap numbers to 4.

3x beer
1x co2 for purging for growler filling.

Is this they way to go or is there a better way to rock and roll?

Ideally I want a permanent set up that I don't have to connect or disconnect anything.

How long do you want the growlers to last I only fill mine to take and drink and all I use is some silicon hose over the tap into the bottom of the growler.same as the colonial brewery do when they fill em

My ghetto system involves a silicon bung and a carbonation cap/counter pressure filling cap. Total cost was about $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run 4 taps and when I want to fill a growler/squealer I just turn of the gas, depressurize the keg, turn gas back on to about 15-20kpa, enough to get beer trickling through and fill up. Takes a few minutes to setup and fill but its no hassle, probably be even easier with flow control taps if you look at those.

Bleed keg to low pressure, then I get a beer disconnect with a length of line just long enough to get from the keg to the bottom of the growler and then fill. Like above I only use growlers for taking to parties

Latest posts

Back