Growing Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, should be loads about very shortly, I think Doc Sumrto still has Chinook and Victoria Zomes for sale, shoot him a PM

Ducatiboy stu said:
Store them in the fridge. Dont feeze them
them.
Oh Crap, my zomes were in the fridge when I had a brain fart and plugged the wrong fridge into the temp controller for super cold crash! A few bottles popped, so I'm guessing it went way below zero. Any horticultural brewers know what happens when rhizomes freeze for a day?

purchased a Saaz rhizome off a fella an e-bay, arrived yesterday.
fantastic size with heaps of shoots and roots, about 4 times the size of zhomes I picked up last year from various sources(most of them grew quite well).
Worth looking at if you wany Saaz, I think I pid $31 delivered, bit pricey but I think it will be worth it for the first year growth I expect I'll get.

Freeze! I think that's what they did for a few hundred years, I can't imagine that they dragged them out of the soil every year before the snow.
Yob I won't ask how and where ... I'll only ask how can I get some? ... what's your price ... what varieties don't you have that you might like, etc etc, can I grow them up for you :) please

Latest posts

Back