Group buy at Plasdene (Preston, VIC) - bottles, fermenters, cubes etc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll work with Plasdene to get the bottles delivered. Mardoo I assume delivery to your warehouse on Jan 31 sometime will be ok?

Weekdays between 7 and 2. No earlier, no later. Fine if it arrives a few days early. Might be a good idea as trucking companies can be a bit, uh, Variable on their delivery dates.

I'll work with Plasdene to get the bottles delivered. Mardoo I assume delivery to your warehouse on Jan 31 sometime will be ok?

Weekdays between 7 and 2. No earlier, no later. Fine if it arrives a few days early. Might be a good idea as trucking companies can be a bit, uh, Variable on their delivery dates.

Shit I'm heading to Sydney that weekend it seems so I won't be available to pickup my 100 bottles. I'll have to work something out.

I'm sure someone will be happy to take 'em home for you to pick up at a later date, I'll get a PM going between us all soon to swap phone numbers and suburbs.

I sent the order to Plasdene on Monday but haven't heard back....I wonder if they're still closed for the holidays. Will call 'em tomorrow.

Ironically with all the time it's taken to put this together I've decided to move into kegging...will still bottle some of my beers but I probably won't need 200 of these any more, so if anyone wants to up their allocation let me know!

I just realised I have a clash for this date too. I told my brother I would go to the beer festival in Geelong (this was prior to the date for the group buy being suggested). I may also need to collect bottles from another member if convenient etc.

Just a quick update, I placed the order last week, and we are now locked in to Feb 1. I believe we're looking to start at 10am, Mardoo will post all the gory details. If it's ok with everyone, I'll round up the price of the bottles a touch (once I get the final invoice from Plasdene) so that we end up with about $40 extra to pay off his lord o' the warehouse in imported megaswill (apparently he has a thing for green bottles). Should still work out close to 36c a bottle (inc GST), which is still a great price for these bottles methinks.

Could everyone on the list please PM me your suburb and mobile number, and let me know if you can house a few boxes of bottles for anyone who can't make it on the day? I should be able to take quite a few myself, as I'll have a Territory and a cage trailer with me on the day (so I can take the pallet back to Plasdene once we're done).

Gory details of the day follow:

We'll be outdoors for this one so pray/dance naked to encourage not-rain on the day. That and keep your cloudbursting machines locked up.

The address is 157-161 Burnley Street in Richmond. The building (GetWinesDirect) is on the corner of Burnley and Murphy Streets and we'll be on the Murphy Street side. Look for the pallet on the sidewalk in front of the blue warehouse. Parking can be a bitch sometimes, but the Murphy Street side is usually the best one to find parking, so park down there.

We'll start at 10am and end time is up to Carniebrew. I'll be around but I'm working that day so I'll let him determine end time. Process will go:

Arrive.
Tape your boxes up and pack your bottles in.
Leave.

Pretty simple. I've flattened and saved aside wine cartons that we can re-use to pack the bottles in, or you can bring your own crates or boxes. You'll need to tape the wine boxes back up, should you choose to use them. I can provide tape guns and tape but I absolutely need all the tape guns back at the end of the day. I'll set up an ersatz packing table to make the job a bit simpler.

I fit 20 of what I think are nearly the same bottles into a standard wine carton the other day, so we should be able to do 5 boxes per hundred bottles. That's without cardboard dividers. I can provide dividers for a dozen bottles per box if folks want them but, because they're 500ml bottles and the boxes are made for a dozen 750ml bottles, they'll actually rattle around far more with the dividers than without. Up to you. I'm not going to use them and I spend my whole day moving boxes of bottles around. As long as you don't throw them around your bottles will be fine.

At the finish I'll come out and put everything away.

That's all I can think of.

Superstar Mardoo. Sounds great. Thanks for organising carniebrew.

Heads up guys, Woostyle no longer needs his 100 bottles, so is offering them up for anyone who still wants in on this, or anyone who wants to up their allocation. I'm also offering up 100 of my 200, as my 3-tap kegerator arrived today and I won't be bottling all that much any more.

So if anyone's up for 200 bottles, sing out. If nobody claims them on this thread soon, I might start a new topic in the for sale section....

I reckon I could take another 100, I'm already taking 100 of new guy aswell.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Ok, so I think it looks like this:

carniebrew: 200
Tex083: 100
Mardoo: 400
Prince Imperial: 100
Idzy: 300
Woostyle: 100
Franks: 200
maldridge: 100
New-Guy: 300 200
SimoB: 200
Total: 1800/1800

SimoB, are you coming on Feb 1 for the pallet split? I didn't PM you recently because you weren't in the last list we had in post #146.

Sorry mate, yup I'll be there! I was just counting myself within new_guy's order. I'll be there.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Bad news I'm afraid, the COMPLETE NUFFIES at Plasdene rang this afternoon, and apparently their supplier (O-I) of the 500ml bottles has decided they're not going to do a manufacturing run of those bottles until Feb 24. This means Plasdene won't get their hands on our pallet until very late Feb, or the first couple of days of March.

I'm pretty pissed, but don't know what else to do....they don't sell any other 500ml bottles, and the price (under 40c each) is still too good to pass up. So I guess I'm willing to wait....is everyone else?

Happy to wait - have enough bottles to tie me over

I needed em about a a week ago, but okay now. Just bottled 150 litres last weekend. I can wait because won't be brewing for a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back