Grolch Swing Top Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelbb64

Reaction score
Hi All

I have recently been given Grolch Swing Top Bottles for my home brewing

I am after nay feed back form any other who have used them before i bottle my next brew any suggestion or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Michael

Brilliant for home brew mate. I've got a stack of them, and always try to get more. Only real downside is you occasionally have to replace the seals on them, but they are pretty easy to come by (most decent brewing shops will have them).

Other good thing is, the beer that comes in them from the shop is pretty good as well.

make sure the seals are good and have not hardened up too much - you can buy replacement silicone ones from your LHBS

Also make sure the seals are well cleaned and sanatised before use - maybe even removing them from the cage to clean etc

Other than that enjoy!

They're excellent bottles, I've got heaps of swingtops and I wouldn't use any other type of bottle.

I take the seals off after I empty each bottle, so they can relax in their downtime, ready for the next brew day.

I've used Grolsch swingtops for years. I unfortunately had to buy most of them with beer in them! But I also bought some from a retiring homebrewer. I mainly keg now but I still do an occasional batch so I've got some to take to parties etc. Have replaced rubber seals a few times but they're cheap. I bulk prime so it doesn't matter what size the bottles are and it just makes it so damn easy to bottle.

Cheers

Molly

they're thick and strong, could minimize the risk of bottle bombs which inturn stops you convincing the minster of finance of why you need to go to kegs.

I've got one of the 1.5L swing tops sitting in my cupboard ready to pop on Christmas day with the old man. I starsanned the hell out of the seal but I didn't even think about taking it off, hopefully it'll be fine.

I've been brewing in plastic but I think there's a certain glamour in using glass or pop tops.

Bax said:
I starsanned the hell out of the seal but I didn't even think about taking it off, hopefully it'll be fine.
I've never removed a seal before sanitising and haven't had an infection yet.

they are excellent but make sure the seals are not cheap because steel expands and oxygen can get in ur brew which can destroy your beer

Latest posts

Back