• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Graphic Designers - I Need A Logo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alowen474

Reaction score
Hi all,
We have recently been granted all our approvals and are trading as the Black Duck Brewery. We have engaged a graphic designer who has missed the beer concept completely and we need help.
I have seen the work some of you guys have done for your own labels and hope we can harness the AHB talent.
The carrot will be a 50L keg of our 'Proper Bitter' for you to enjoy at your leisure if we choose your logo.
If you are local enough, I will come and serve it personally at your do.

Local can be anywhere though. We are at Herons Creek, just south of Port Macquarie, but we travel from Melbourne to Goondowindi. Sorry guys over in the west, but I can organise some postage.

We need a logo that represents us and will be on our labels and our marketing, so you get pretty good cudos.

Check out our website www.blackduckbrewery.com.au and you can see a bit about us.

I hope you will all get on board and help us out.

Cheers

Would jump on it but crazy time of the year.

If I come up with anything in my non spare procrastination time though.........

Is there a brief?

FRANKO!!!!!

C'mon?

I would have thought Franko be all over this like a fat kid on a cupcake! :icon_cheers:

Have a look at the website and you will see my effort.
We want to use BDB, but other than that no real boundaries.
We want something low key, but still pretty stylish?
Who knows? I'm a roadbuilder.

Can I suggest www.99designs.com. You register a design brief and in 5 days you'll have hundreds ... well at least dozens ... of designs to choose from. My wife is a graphic designer and she tells all of her clients to use 99designs for their logos ... great designs at a good price. This website has just about done her out of the logo business!

ghhb

I don't have anything constructive to add logo wise, I just wanted to give you a big two thumps up for Proper Gander...

Very punny!

Can I suggest www.99designs.com. You register a design brief and in 5 days you'll have hundreds ... well at least dozens ... of designs to choose from. My wife is a graphic designer and she tells all of her clients to use 99designs for their logos ... great designs at a good price. This website has just ablout done her out of the logo business!

ghhb
You have hit on what we are trying to achieve. We want to support local business, but also would like to engage the brewing community. If your wife is a beer drinker too, get her on board. I would like to see what you can do.

FRANKO!!!!!

C'mon?

I would have thought Franko be all over this like a fat kid on a cupcake! :icon_cheers:

Just do a search using the words Franko and Label, you will be amazed. Don't think he takes on design work these days but hey PM him, can't hurt. He is one talented man!

Screwy

How about this one :)

BDB2.jpg

Bjorn

Attachments

• BDB.gif
    BDB.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 47
+1 Franko

Not only is he one talented artist, he's also a top bloke!

Hi all,
We have recently been granted all our approvals and are trading as the Black Duck Brewery. We have engaged a graphic designer who has missed the beer concept completely and we need help.
I have seen the work some of you guys have done for your own labels and hope we can harness the AHB talent.
The carrot will be a 50L keg of our 'Proper Bitter' for you to enjoy at your leisure if we choose your logo.
If you are local enough, I will come and serve it personally at your do.

Local can be anywhere though. We are at Herons Creek, just south of Port Macquarie, but we travel from Melbourne to Goondowindi. Sorry guys over in the west, but I can organise some postage.

We need a logo that represents us and will be on our labels and our marketing, so you get pretty good cudos.

Check out our website www.blackduckbrewery.com.au and you can see a bit about us.

I hope you will all get on board and help us out.

Cheers

mmm... 50L keg sounds good...

had a quick look at your website... looks like you'd like to use the duck in some way obviously... hmm a logo.

i'll have a chop at it... not sure with what yet... let it percolate for a bit

P.S. oh by the way have you got your brewery set up yet?... i'm an architect so let us know if you need any help with the premises

Just remember you get what you pay for.

I'm not sure what the going rate is for a graphic designer but for a commercial label I would guess it would be a bit more than a keg.
I'm trying to be neutral here as I understand that we all need as much help in establishing businesses but on the other hand it is doing people out of a job (graphic designers).
You see my sister is a graphic designer and is trying to start her own business and needs small jobs like this and getting people to have a crack for a keg kills her, but on the other hand I'm all for getting the home brew community to help establish a small brewery. I'm torn which is why I stand by my initial sentence. I'm trying to get her to make me some labels to put on my brews, just for fun and practice for her but she is doing too much work for a sign company to spend the time on her own dream.

I hope the brewery goes well and all the best. Just though I'll chuck in my two bobs worth.

If you are launching a new product you shouldn't rush out for a 'logo' and then make up the rest...

You should be looking for a 'corporate image'. What is that? Well, it is a CONSTANT logo, font, colours and every thing else used in packaging, marketing, email, website, logos, Merchandise etc...

Basically, you create a pallet of tools - being a font, colour and logo etc.. then paint everything you do with that brush.

Ok, reading that just cost you your keg offer, please PM me for details! :p

Cheers

Just remember you get what you pay for.

I'm not sure what the going rate is for a graphic designer but for a commercial label I would guess it would be a bit more than a keg.
I'm trying to be neutral here as I understand that we all need as much help in establishing businesses but on the other hand it is doing people out of a job (graphic designers).
You see my sister is a graphic designer and is trying to start her own business and needs small jobs like this and getting people to have a crack for a keg kills her, but on the other hand I'm all for getting the home brew community to help establish a small brewery. I'm torn which is why I stand by my initial sentence. I'm trying to get her to make me some labels to put on my brews, just for fun and practice for her but she is doing too much work for a sign company to spend the time on her own dream.

I hope the brewery goes well and all the best. Just though I'll chuck in my two bobs worth.
I have already paid a professional graphic design good money for seven concepts that don't really suit us or our beer. We have tried to give someone a job.
I will be working with her, but I am giving the interested AHBers an opportunity here to try their hand at a logo design that might better suit us.

If you are launching a new product you shouldn't rush out for a 'logo' and then make up the rest...

You should be looking for a 'corporate image'. What is that? Well, it is a CONSTANT logo, font, colours and every thing else used in packaging, marketing, email, website, logos, Merchandise etc...

Basically, you create a pallet of tools - being a font, colour and logo etc.. then paint everything you do with that brush.

Ok, reading that just cost you your keg offer, please PM me for details! :p

Cheers
Agreed 100%.

PM Sammy who did the AHB "Simple Really" T-shirt design.
Cheers
Steve

mmm... 50L keg sounds good...

had a quick look at your website... looks like you'd like to use the duck in some way obviously... hmm a logo.

i'll have a chop at it... not sure with what yet... let it percolate for a bit

P.S. oh by the way have you got your brewery set up yet?... i'm an architect so let us know if you need any help with the premises
The brewery is set up, still with some more work to do. I probably won't need an architect for this one but maybe next time.

Thanks

I understand that we all need as much help in establishing businesses but on the other hand it is doing people out of a job (graphic designers).
You see my sister is a graphic designer and is trying to start her own business and needs small jobs like this and getting people to have a crack for a keg kills her

So does this mean that i'm doing your sister out of a job, becuase I dont want labels on the beers I bottle??

Latest posts

Back