• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Graphic Designers - I Need A Logo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is ducking awesome. Would love to see that on a bottle. Would rival the 'sheep shagger' beer I saw in dans the other day

I know I'm hearing it wrong but black duck still makes me think of a shit hot band
LED_ZEP.JPG

LOL... what a deal, Pete! Love your work mate... :D

I'd suck at being a designer working to a brief. The customer asks for a black duck brewing portfolio and all I have going through my head is....

View attachment 40646

Apologies in advance and all that...

Disney's Lawyers are already on the plane...

Still no hat, Pete?

Website banner to tie in with lable...

duckbanner.jpg

Taking the 'you get what you pay for' concept, the missus and I are going through the process with a designer at the moment ... we gave him a very detailed brief weblinks to competitors, etc, and are really pleased with his work ... it hasn't been quick, but he's really interpreted our ideas well.

He's based in Melbourne and has a website showing a load of his work, mainly album covers, etc. PM me if you want his details at any point.
We met several graphic designers in our area, looking to support a local business.
We sat and had a good chat about what we thought we wanted with the designer of our choice.
The first efforts that came back aren't really us or our beer and we will be talking to her again.

I am happy to give a brief, what do you want to know?
We are a very small brewery just out of a regional coastal twon. We make one beer in an english bitter style. We will make differnt beers later this year. We will bottle some up later this year.
We would like a plainish label and a logo that is both simple but stylish.
We engaged a graphic designer for this very reason, if we new exactly what we wanted I wouldn't be doing this.

Business Card...

duckcard.jpg

I think you get the theme now?

In Japan he is known as Salaryman Dukku-san and is worshipped as a deity.

Schooey - nice work, simple concept plus a bit of humour with the rubber duck, I could see it working.
Petesbrew - awesome...it's a brave and stylized interpretation - plus you've already done several revisions, I'd send an invoice.

As for the legitimacy of the request I can completely relate to the concerns about undercutting a competitive market. From the start I saw this thread as a promotional exercise targetting prequalified traffic - craft beer drinkers. There are better forums to approach if your intended outcome was community generated graphic design. That said if you're enjoying the challenge and BDB is enjoying the promotion that it's generating then happy days.

Looking at the pictures of the brewery I too would prioritise my funds into facility and equipment fabrication and not promotion just yet.

Simple one for you... i'd still go with pete's one though. Embarrassed to put mine next to it.

Black_Duck_Proper_Bitter.png

There already seems to be a Black Duck brewery in NZ?

black_duck.jpg

Simple one for you... i'd still go with pete's one though. Embarrassed to put mine next to it.

View attachment 40652
I quite like that. I reckon it might look a bit better if the grey text was swapped to the opposite word in the bottom text - looks slightly imbalanced as is. Also the duck looks like a dog has taken a bite out of it. Very nice work though.

Back