• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Graphic Designers - I Need A Logo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lable first...

BLACKDUCK.jpg

still thinking on a logo...

Lable first...

View attachment 40639

still thinking on a logo...

Nice one. This is simple and stands out, can be used across different applications.

Looks professional and authentic.

I reckon you got the keg.

Beerforal, any chance you can post your other designs? Maybe we can vote for our favourite?

Good on you for giving it a go.

Good god Pete, what suite of graphic design tools did you use to create that masterpiece? How are we meant to compete with professionals like this? :D
Thanks KS, It's Microsoft Paint dude, taken me years to manage, but I think I'm up to scratch now.
but the real art is working the mouse with a mild case of DT's.. that gets the uniquely shaped schooner glass.
I know I know, i should dial back my label's a bit, don't wanna discourage those new to labelling, hey?

ps. I htink i' should change the head colour on the beer. looks like someone bled into it. :icon_vomit:
pps. Classy work Schooey.

Had a bit of a look on the web site and am keen to put in a design but like Manticle I would love a brief.
Something stylish is a good start but the more info you give on what your thinking of the more chance you'll have of getting something back that's what your after.
even some references to labels you have seen that fit into the same style would be handy.

:ph34r: Working in the industry I agree with the comment above that you get what you pay for.

Not that the labels above aren't great fun (and they are a good giggle), but this is like handing your future bestselling novel to an internet forum and asking them to design the cover.

If my money was on the line in raw materials and equipment I know where I'd be going.

Hopper.

Taking the 'you get what you pay for' concept, the missus and I are going through the process with a designer at the moment ... we gave him a very detailed brief weblinks to competitors, etc, and are really pleased with his work ... it hasn't been quick, but he's really interpreted our ideas well.

He's based in Melbourne and has a website showing a load of his work, mainly album covers, etc. PM me if you want his details at any point.

so if i come to your brewery, can I sweep a few floors and take a couple kegs home, since we are doing mates rates? I doubt it.

seriously, if your asking for a professional service, you need to pay. if you asking a bunch of non-professional to do something then youll get what you pay for.

my missus is a graphic designer and the crap you put up with and go through to get a design is amazing. and its really smarts when people dont want to pay for it. She has done major beer, wine, spirit, festivals, corporate design etc labels. so if your interested in paying a professional whose done plenty in the field then contact me.

if your interesed in what essentially is free non-proff advice then im sure youll get plenty of it.

now of course your other avenue is to take up the matter with the designer. If youve provided a proper brief then you can continue to work with the person at no extra cost. its about contract management. however if your original brief was the issue then you cant blame the designer.

PS i get what your intention is..but im just pointing out the facts.

Black_duck_brewery2.JPG

Going off what the others said, you've getting a bargain from me floral.
Look, I fixed up the schooner head colour, and he's now dressed for the occasion.
May the best designer win Schooey (and Bjorn)! :icon_chickcheers:

View attachment 40645

Going off what the others said, you've getting a bargain from me floral.
Look, I fixed up the schooner head colour, and he's now dressed for the occasion.
May the best designer win Schooey (and Bjorn)! :icon_chickcheers:
Needs a hat to match the tie.

Extra points for the red, hung-over, eyeball, though...

Let's not go overboard there, Warmbeer. :blink:
Schooey, for the price of a schooner, I'll sell you my blue tie.

:ph34r: Working in the industry I agree with the comment above that you get what you pay for.

Not that the labels above aren't great fun (and they are a good giggle), but this is like handing your future bestselling novel to an internet forum and asking them to design the cover.

If my money was on the line in raw materials and equipment I know where I'd be going.

Hopper.
I would suggest 50L of beer and my time serving it does come with a value.

LOL... what a deal, Pete! Love your work mate... :D

I'd suck at being a designer working to a brief. The customer asks for a black duck brewing portfolio and all I have going through my head is....

fuckaduck.png

Apologies in advance and all that...

Back