Grain mill BB once again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only waiting on 2 people now to send details. 'Damn' and 'Albainian' I have PM them so hopefully they get in touch soon. We'll have this sorted in no time.

Hey guys, very late to the party, but as the last post was today I'm hoping I can still jump in.

I'll send a PM now and if it's too late then just count me out. Pumped to get one of these at a decent price.

1) SimoB - Vic
2) Damn/ Vic.....I can pick mine up.
3) Donske
4) DAC
5) tcc
6) timmi9191
7) zimbalist
8) RobjF
9) kpaxy444
10) Albainian
11) Darryl
12) reegs210 (ACT)
13) sipahono
14) Shmang (NSW) (If we are doing postage)
15) Meathead
16) OzPaleAle
17) Phillo (SA)
18) Justatad
19) GrahamB (QLD)
20) s_t_r_o_b_e
21)b00ner (Melb - pickup)

Cheers

b00ner

I'm stoked!

I've been using a corona mill since I started AG, and it's served me well, but it's slow and difficult to adjust.

I've been wanting a roller mill for a long time, as I've been wanting to start 'wet conditioning' my grain before milling, and the corona got gummed when I tried.

EDIT: Well, not gummed up, but it makes the drill work too hard.

Looks like this weekend's brew may be its last run!

sorry guys..for some reason I cant check my PMs at work...but Im keen and can pay straight away. Have you got a contact No? or alternately give me a call or text on 0409 287 560 and I will get details and transfer funds immediately!

OK everyone has got in touch and confirmed. Some people are buying on thursday and friday. So I assume the funds should all clear by Monday. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Albainian said:
now to work out a drive system for my mill...motor or drill????
I have been looking at that too, found a place in oz with reasonable priced pulleys(will post link when I get home), just sussing out motor. Probably going with an old washing machine motor, seem to be a cheap option with enough torque.

Albainian said:
now to work out a drive system for my mill...motor or drill????
I went through (burned out) 3 drills on my corona mill before I found the right one. Had to do many batches by hand, even a couple of ~7kg ones. Wouldn't recommend it!

I find the drill is fine. Just get a high torque low speed one.

i got a $15 job from kmart....its going to blow up on me isn't it?

Back