Grain Bulk Buy Tassie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rexi said:
Is pick up Launceston??
Yep - although if a few people from Hobart buy grain, they normally organise it for one to pick up.
Otherwise, pick up ia at Morrison Brewery
Cheers
LagerBomb

What styles is this malt good for and what is the shelf life of a bag of grain? Sorry, AG noob here.

I'd be happy to grab an extra bag or two if it'll be good for a few different styles and last a while.

Kudzu - the BB's come up several times a year. Don't feel you need to stock up too much!
Grain will store well for ages. Keep the mice away, I have sacks of spec. grain that are probably 18 months old and still perfectly alright.
Ale malt is pretty versatile. It's good for - pale ales and IPA's,, can also be used in lagers, stouts, darks...

Definitely keen for a bag, but doubt I will be able to pick it up any time soon. Unless some other Hobartians are grabbing some, I will wait till next time.

Thanks anyway,

Rexi

Amber Fluid said:
I have a bag of Joe White and MO and some odds and ends I was hoping for some Barrett Burston stuff. Last time it was mentioned that next time BB was going to be available. I understand you have these to rid of first which is why I haven't responded.
I'm in a similar boat - keen for a bulk buy but have plenty JW Pale on hand already. I'm up for some hops too.

Cmon fellas - lets get on this. There is an assumption that Paul will organise another bulk buy, but thats only an assumption. If he cant get rid of these bags he may not be prepared to organise another buy. He is after all, a very busy person.
It was less than 2 years ago and we were all paying retail prices for grain( $4.00/kg). Are we now too fussy to stock up a little for a good price. Buy a bag and brew some Pale Ales. Drink more fellas, you know that we have to help Paul out here. Im doing my bit, brewed yesterday and today. Going to brew tomorrow as well so thats going to be 8 cubes of beer in three days. Fark it, I might even get 6 bags, cant get too low in stock.
As Paul said - he thought there would be more interest.
Get on board.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Launceston, Invermay. You could pick up from mine or Scott's.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Where to pick up? I don't actually know where morrison brewery is (and whether that's the pickup point).

Cheers,
I may be able to pick up and drop off for you - depending on a few variables. Its worth having a look at the brewery if you are going that way.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Thanks guys, busy time for me at the moment, new baby was delivered on Friday, a boy who we have named Angus. That, plus ever increasing demand for our beer, new venues, our first pallet to Melbourne plus a new beer for GABS means that we are flat out.
As soon as this lot of grain is gone im more than happy to arange another bulk buy
Feeling very inspired at the moment. hoping to bust out another new beer on saturday while bottling Irish Red Ale, and the winning beer from the Tamar Valley Beer Festival is now on tap at Irish Murphys and soon to be on growler at Crown Cellars. Busy times ahead as more people embrace craft beer and all it beholds.

Cheers,
Paul

Angus. Thats a good strong name mate. Congrats!

If your having trouble shifting it I'll take another bag. I'd get more, but Mrs Spork gets cranky when I have too many sacks of grain lying around the place.
Come on guys - Paul helps us out heaps. If it wasn't for his BB's we'd be paying $75+ for a sack from Hobart, with limited choices, or $100+ / sack from the north island. Grab some Pale Ale malt. Versatile as bro. About the only styles you can't use it in (as far as I know) are pils and wits*. Well ****, they are warm weather beers**. It's not going to be warm for about 8 months now, so buy up!

*There may be others, and maybe you can make pils and wits with it. What do I know?
**My opinion. Yours may vary. Who cares. Buy some grain.

I'd normally be in for grain but I still have a few bags left and I'm off to Europe very soon till October.

I have picked up for Hobartions in the past but unfortunately not this time.

Will be needing replenishment latter in the year.

Congrats Paul on your new arrival and the new beer line up, best of luck!

Cheers.

I'll grab a couple extra bags considering my grain count is currently nil. 40 bucks is cheap as chips!

LagerBomb - 4
jlm - 1
Swizzle - 1
ianh - 1
Kudzu - 3
Spork - 1
DanteHicks - 1

Total = 12

Congratulations Paul.

I'll grab a bag as well.

LagerBomb - 4
jlm - 1
Swizzle - 1
ianh - 1
Kudzu - 3
Spork - 1
DanteHicks - 1
Probablynathan - 1

Total = 13

I'll take a bag.

LagerBomb - 4
jlm - 1
Swizzle - 1
ianh - 1
Kudzu - 3
Spork - 1
DanteHicks - 1
Probablynathan - 1
Oakers (Hobart) - 1

Total = 14

I'll get another bag. I should be able to pick up week after next if that's OK. And congrats to Paul on the birth of Angus. I've got a 5 year old boy myself and I can still remember the work and joy involved in the birth of a child.

LagerBomb - 4
jlm - 1
Swizzle - 1
ianh - 1
Kudzu - 3
Spork - 1
DanteHicks - 1
Probablynathan - 1
Oakers (Hobart) - 2

Total = 15

Cheers,
Oakers.

Are you going to be around this morning Paul? And congratulations on the baby boy too mate.

Back