Grain Bulk Buy - Melbourne Area

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespaul

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive never been in a grain bulk buy before and have no idea how to organise one. Just wondering if anyone could offer their services in organising one. Not sure if it needs to be Melbourne region specific (i.e north east Melbourne).

So does anyone out there need grain?

Cheers :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

If you do get an organizer for this, make sure they contact Dane and get it in the approved bulk-buy section, but I will register my interest in a few sacks :D

If you end up running this, shoot me a pm, and I can give you a few pointers, and there are a few others who have done it in the past as well that I'm sure would be happy to share their tips and experience.

I'm keen or a sack or two.

G&G or Keg King ... both have supported well from all accounts... which ever is closer to you !

On the one hand I don't want to reply because I'm certainly not putting my hand up to organise...but if we are wondering whether there are enough people to warrant it, then I will certainly get 2 or 3 bags myself (if prices are comparable to the last couple of buys).

edit: just thought I'd comment on my frequent use of the word "certainly" up there...obviously I've thrown Heisenberg out the window...

I was out eastern burbs the other day and picked up 5Kg... asked what the price was for a 25Kg bag and was told... 'well 25 x ....' no discount offered.. <_<

Id also be in for a sack or two

Sacks

If this can be organised for delivery in early December Santa might need to arrange a second sleigh. The minister for war and finance is kinder at that time of year too...

This is my interest for 3 bags.

Blew through my last sacks so quickly from the last Bulk Buy that I need to replenish to.

Yeah sounds good, ill be in for some spec splits and base sacks.
Lespaul, if you have the time maybe contact a previous event organiser and considering doing one yourself? Best way to get it started.

I may put my hand up to organise this.

However if anyone else is considering - by no means hesitate as you won't be cutting my lunch.

I'll make some enquiries and see.

I've emailed Grain and grape and a previous bulk buy organiser to find out various info etc.

Thanks for the offer Shan - will let you know.

If I do organise this I will start a new thread and hope to keep it really, super clear of both off topic bullshit and people who can't work out how to add their names to a list properly.

Non payment will not be an option and I will only have attractive people sunbake on my beaches.

Until that thread actually appears though, ANYBODY is welcome to take the reins. Don't wait for me. I may catch evian flu which is how rich people get sick in Paris.

Latest posts

Back