Grain Brewing Demos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing_Brad

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My name is Brad and I've just started brewing again after a 2 year hiatus. So far I've only done extract brews - which have been rather good, even if I do say so myself - but I would like to have a go at grain brewing.

I was wondering if there was a ) a workshop or something in Melbourne or b ) anyone in the Melbourne area who does it and who wouldn't mind me tagging along one day when they do it.

I've read up on the subject, but I learn better through hands-on than I do through book learnin'...plus, I figure this would be a good way to see if I really want to go down this path without paying for all the equipment and what not.

Any advice or suggestion anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Brad

The other option could be to attend a brew club brew day. What area of Melbourne are you in Brad?

As Johnno's pointed out, G&G hold a mash demo every 4 weeks; the next one will be last weekend in April. I've never been to one myself, but I know the guys there and they're very approachable, not to mention knowledgable.

Does anyone know of one around the sydney area?

Leon is apparently going to still be doing them in the hbs in Botany

Andrew
Some of the Hill's Brewers have offered in the past, other than that there is Pat up at Blue Mountains Brewing, or St Marys.
Cheers
Gerard

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm in Collingwood and am limited to public transport :-(

Maybe one day soon I'll hire a car and head down to the Yarra Valley - aparently they've got some pretty nifty stuff down there (I'm still only new to Melbourne...well, 2 years as of March 20th).

--EDIT--
Whoops. I misread Yarraville for Yarra Valey...been a big day.

ok... i'll have to wait for the next one to pop up... st marys is a bit closer to quakers hill than botany

Latest posts

Back