Got No Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopdog

Reaction score
Hey peeps, was just sbout to start making 2 brews in which i use so4 yeast but just realised that i didn't get any. Can i add the yeast tomorrow and put the rest together tonight.

I wouldn't. Looks like a pretty good way to increase your odds of infection to me.

I'm sure many here have and will tell you it isn't a problem.

I quite often do this. I may have to cool it over night before I pitch. Up to 24hrs shouldn't matter..

Cheers..

I quite often do this. I may have to cool it over night before I pitch. Up to 24hrs shouldn't matter..

Cheers..

yeah thats what i thought i sometimes let it cool for 10-12hrs but have never left it over night

Have had a lager in the fridge for 48hrs to cool before I pitched.

Does anyone splash or wisk the wort to arerate it after waiting 24 hours before pitching the yeast, or just chuck it straight in?

Does anyone splash or wisk the wort to arerate it after waiting 24 hours before pitching the yeast, or just chuck it straight in?

Yup sure do......
I use a sanitised paint mixer hooked up to my cordless...........works a treat!! :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back