Goodbye Gough - Dinner & Drinks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHB

Reaction score
Good By Gough - Dinner & Drinks

Gough has been an active brewer around Newcastle and on this forum.
I want to thank him for his contributions to the local AG community.
Many first time mashers have been to Gough's house for there first brew day.

Now he and his family are moving away.
Gough has found the job most of us would kill for and although we are happy for him (the lucky *******), he will be missed.

Good By Gough
Dinner and Drinks
Bennet Hotel Hamilton
7:30PM Friday 15/09/06

Please let me know if you are coming so I can book seats for dinner.
Coopers Red and Green on tap, as well as one of the best Chinese restaurants in Newcastle: and beers with a good mate.

MHB

Good By Gough - Dinner & Drinks

Gough has been an active brewer around Newcastle and on this forum.
I want to thank him for his contributions to the local AG community.
Many first time mashers have been to Gough's house for there first brew day.

Now he and his family are moving away.
Gough has found the job most of us would kill for and although we are happy for him (the lucky *******), he will be missed.

Good By Gough
Dinner and Drinks
Bennet Hotel Hamilton
7:30PM Friday 15/09/06

Please let me know if you are coming so I can book seats for dinner.
Coopers Red and Green on tap, as well as one of the best Chinese restaurants in Newcastle: and beers with a good mate.

MHB

Thanks very much to Mark and Keith for organising this on my behalf. I'm starting my new career as an assistant brewer with Murray's Craft Brewing Co. ( www.murraysbrewingco.com.au ) in a few weeks so it would be great to have a beer with a lot of the local brewers I've met over the last few years before I go. Hope to see a lot of you next Friday night, and in the future up at the brewery!

Thanks again fellas,

Shawn.

(EDIT: Fixed link...)

Fantastic Gough - what a great achivement. Wishing you every success & hope that you & your family find life up the coast exceeds all your expectations.... :beer:

Cheers Ross

Fantastic Gough - what a great achivement. Wishing you every success & hope that you & your family find life up the coast exceeds all your expectations.... :beer:

Cheers Ross

Thanks Ross :) Can't wait to get up there and get brewing! Drop in at the pub whenever you're on your way down the coast - turn off at Macksville ;)

Shawn.

All the best with your new carreer move Gough.Sounds like you have landed a dream job.Hope you continue to drop into AHB central still.

Cheers
Big D

gee I have a mate who has been pestering me to take an assistant brewers position in Townsville for about 18 months. I never new it was such an envied existence. If anyone reckons brewing for a living is a dream job, give me a PM and I'll see if I can organise an online introduction.

Thanks Big D.

Coodgee. I'm going into this with my eyes well and truly open and know that there is a lot of hard work involved. I wouldn't do it without researching things believe me... That said, I've been well and truly bitten by the brewing bug and this is a fantastic opportunity with some great prospects into the future. :)

Shawn.

Coodgee...
I thought u already had an A>B>job....With Pistol Patch.?

Best wishes GOUGH....
PJ

All the best with the change of career, you will be missed around here.

However you wont get away from me that easy :p as I have many relatives up that way and will definitely be dropping around for a drink and possibly a tour of your new place of employment. :beerbang:

Brian

The reach of the hammer and sickle goes further north. B)

Don't stray too far from yer keyboard mate. You'll be the brewing world's gain. :)

Not too many Burtons ;) and good luck with it all mate.

Warren -

Drinks and tours are our specialty Brian - come up whenever you get the chance :beerbang:

As for the Burtons Warren... a work in progress! :lol:

Shawn.

Did someone mention.... Burton...

All the best Shawn. I'm sure you'll have a blast.. and be sure to follow through on the Burton.

Warren, seems you brains always off having a burton :p

BURTON

Sounds like a top career move Gough.

I wish you all the best in your new job mate.

Cheers
johnno

Shawn,

Great going-way gift, eh?
Last home game of the season.
Huuuuge win. Hey Ho Knights, let's GO!

Toyed with the other team, or what?
Buderus on report? I'm sure it wasn't deliberate...
I wasn't gonna watch after half-time, coz it was shabby: the first half showing. Glad I gave 'em 10 minutes. Glad the fam wasn't home, coz I was cheering like a freak!

Those boys humiliated the SeaEagles. Good thing too, after the last effort between the two teams. Gotta put 'em in their place. Oi.

Buderus should be OK for the Grand Final.

It's Cinderella football, I tell U!

Glad that it doesn't interfere with my beer consumption tonight, or the BJCP meet at my place tomorrow. Been cleaning up tonight, so we have plenty of bier-raum tomorra arv.

Yobbo Seth out :p

Don Chipp, but...eh? :(

Shawn,

Great going-way gift, eh?
Last home game of the season.
Huuuuge win. Hey Ho Knights, let's GO!

Toyed with the other team, or what?
Buderus on report? I'm sure it wasn't deliberate...
I wasn't gonna watch after half-time, coz it was shabby: the first half showing. Glad I gave 'em 10 minutes. Glad the fam wasn't home, coz I was cheering like a freak!

Those boys humiliated the SeaEagles. Good thing too, after the last effort between the two teams. Gotta put 'em in their place. Oi.

Buderus should be OK for the Grand Final.

It's Cinderella football, I tell U!

Glad that it doesn't interfere with my beer consumption tonight, or the BJCP meet at my place tomorrow. Been cleaning up tonight, so we have plenty of bier-raum tomorra arv.

Yobbo Seth out :p

Don Chipp, but...eh? :(

Same here Seth - I was going to turn it off after half time, but then I would have missed the last 2 minutes where it all happens.

Luckilly I went out and stocked up on an inhuman quantity of Belgians today so we have something to drink when we talk about the game.

I hope that you didn't tidy up too much - you have seen my junk room.

Dave

Did you say Belgians?..... Yummo, cant wait. Unless it is them lambics and stuff, not so sure about them.
GO THE KNIGHTS!!! They have proved they can win without Joey, their last 2 games of the regular season, I hope they can do the same for Buderus. At least he didnt swear, woulda been a month at least ;)
Sad to see ya leave, Shawn, I will be paying ya a visit up north
Trent

After tidying up, it's as messy as your junk room. Even worked up a sweat.

The Dragon has junk everywhere, but some of it's mine.

Hope to taste few nice beers tomorrow, and maybe a few that I don't recognise.

Also hope the weather is good to us. nice to sit on the verandah in the sun and drink (sorry..I mean evaluate) nice beer.

Bring on the Belgians.

Darn jet fighters, using their afterburners above my house 2nite.

Seth :p

Back