Goodbye Gough - Dinner & Drinks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shawn,

Great going-way gift, eh?
Last home game of the season.
Huuuuge win. Hey Ho Knights, let's GO!

Toyed with the other team, or what?
Buderus on report? I'm sure it wasn't deliberate...
I wasn't gonna watch after half-time, coz it was shabby: the first half showing. Glad I gave 'em 10 minutes. Glad the fam wasn't home, coz I was cheering like a freak!

Those boys humiliated the SeaEagles. Good thing too, after the last effort between the two teams. Gotta put 'em in their place. Oi.

Buderus should be OK for the Grand Final.

It's Cinderella football, I tell U!

Glad that it doesn't interfere with my beer consumption tonight, or the BJCP meet at my place tomorrow. Been cleaning up tonight, so we have plenty of bier-raum tomorra arv.

Yobbo Seth out

Don Chipp, but...eh? :(

Just got home from the match and like you say - a top going away present :beerbang: Go you Mighty Knights :) I think Buderus is in trouble unfortunately, but not as much as that pathetic ref should be...

Looking forward to tomorrow fellas, and to next Friday night. At least I'm guaranteed to be in a good mood unlike last meeting :lol:

Shawn.

3 places left, if you want to come let me know.

MHB

Gough

You will like Taylors Arm....Have been there a few times as I only live about 2hrs away. The locals are ultra friendly and love to show hospitality......and they like to drink..

I will meet up with you when I get up there next...

and that leaves 1
and 2 definite maybes
and a couple just for a beer or 2

There is a bit of flexibility but it looks like 9-10 for dinner and some drop-ins for a drink.
The table is booked for 7:30; its the big round table if you are early.
We should start eating at around 8:00
Look forward to seeing you all.
MHB

and that leaves 1
and 2 definite maybes
and a couple just for a beer or 2

There is a bit of flexibility but it looks like 9-10 for dinner and some drop-ins for a drink.
The table is booked for 7:30; its the big round table if you are early.
We should start eating at around 8:00
Look forward to seeing you all.
MHB

Wish I could join you in sending off the Commisar in the appropriate manner but unfortunately I have other commitments this weekend.

Have a good one guys and again Shawn- all the best to you and your Family with the big move .

Cheers and Burton....

Brent.

Gough

You will like Taylors Arm....Have been there a few times as I only live about 2hrs away. The locals are ultra friendly and love to show hospitality......and they like to drink..

I will meet up with you when I get up there next...

G'day Duc',

Didn't know you were so close mate! I start at the end of September - look forward to seeing you anytime you can make it. THe locals are really friendly and the beer is damn good. Just gotta hope I don't stuff it up :lol: Can't wait to start brewing...

And thanks as well Burton Brent. Bad luck you can't make it on Friday but I know things are a bit hectic for you at the moment. I'll have a beer for you, don't worry mate ;)

Really looking forward to Friday night. Thanks again for organising things Mark.

Shawn.

Damn! Damn! damn!

Do I say goodbye to a gentleman who has proved to be a good friend?

Or do I go for some twenty year old breasts?

Thinking...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Thinking...

I know, a good friend. See you there Friday.

MHB, will stop in your shop in Friday and possibly look at going from there.

Regards

Steve

P.S. Will have to look for those 20 yo breasts another day....

Well thats over apart from the hangover, Gough is soon to be an Ex-Novocastrian.
The usual suspects lined up to see him off in style.

View attachment 9134

After a lot of thought we settled on a going away gift that reflected Gough's roots, his passions and would be useful in his future position.

View attachment 9135

We held up fairly well, but by 2:00AM we were down to the dedicated drinkers and I was thinking about having to open the shop at 9:00 - anyone noticed how bright the sun is this morning.

View attachment 9136View attachment 9137

Good luck with the new job, we will be up to test the beers.
MHB

Well, what a top night! I believe there may be some incriminating photos, but hopefully they got lost somewhere along the line... :p

A big thanks to the local brewers for a great send off, and thanks especially to Mark and Keith for organising everything. Waking up this morning and seeing the keg setup still staring at me from the kitchen was brilliant. I still don't quite know what to say - unusual for me I admit! :lol: Thanks heaps for everything. :) I'll be keeping in touch - thanks for being a top group of brewers and a better bunch of mates.

I hope to see all of you at the brewery as soon as you can make it. I'll organise the beers this time ;)

Shawn.

Beat me by that much... :lol: That'll teach me to take so long typing... I thought I managed to 'lose' your camera for you by the end of the night Mark... Obviously not! And the brush in club colours! That ones going straight to the pool room.

A top night...

Shawn.

Hows the new job going Shawn?

Im thinking of dropping by some time early in the New Year.

Brian

Back