Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
Of course, when you work for yourself you need others to make the money for you, and my answer was to seamad,don't complain about wages if you are not prepared to do anything about it it is not up to the government to make wage deals on a wage earners behalf.
Which is what Unions do on behalf of the workes.

If this government had its way it would be allowing Gina to pay everyone $2/Hr

Yeah like Bill Shorten negotiated Cleanevent's workers wages, no penalty rates, and a drop in wages, the only thing he forgot to do was get it backdated. Then accepted $40,000 off the company.

But they still have a job.

Or would you rather they be on the Dole ( the regular Dole which pays SFA, not your LNP idea of the Dole being something that you can live on comfortably )

Ducatiboy stu said:
But they still have a job.

Or would you rather they be on the Dole ( the regular Dole which pays SFA, not your LNP idea of the Dole being something that you can live on comfortably )
HE SOLD THEM OUT. Saying they still had a job was Shifty Shortens excuse, if Cleanevent couldn't negotiate a workable price with the organisers of the event then they shouldn't have the contract to clean up, all Shorten had to say was, go back and renegotiate the price which will allow you to pay the award or above or **** off and let someone else clean up, at the end of the day the clean up had to be done, so no one would have missed out on work, the $40,000 was the sweetener for Shorten, and you would trust him to negotiate deals for Australia, all hes interested in is back handers and slush funds.

It's a low moment in AU politics when we're scrounging around trying to find qualities that make Shorten, Gillard or Rudd better/worse than Abbot/Hockey/Pyne.

I vote for the one with the least body hair

manticle said:
I reckon Pyne keeps himself tidy
He is probably a manscaper

HE SOLD THEM OUT. Saying they still had a job was Shifty Shortens excuse, if Cleanevent couldn't negotiate a workable price with the organisers of the event then they shouldn't have the contract to clean up, all Shorten had to say was, go back and renegotiate the price which will allow you to pay the award or above or **** off and let someone else clean up, at the end of the day the clean up had to be done, so no one would have missed out on work, the $40,000 was the sweetener for Shorten, and you would trust him to negotiate deals for Australia, all hes interested in is back handers and slush funds.
The Job would have been done, and the workers screwed for doing it.

Subcontracting is mostly a race to the bottom

Tropico said:
If Dyson Heydon ever resigns from the Royal Comission, Tony abbott will probably appoint Bronwyn Bishop
He is still " thinking about it"

Personally i think it is a delaying tactic.

Would love to see Brony rolling up every morning straight off the helicopter

manticle said:
It's a low moment in AU politics when we're scrounging around trying to find qualities that make Shorten, Gillard or Rudd better/worse than Abbot/Hockey/Pyne.

I vote for the one with the least body hair
manticle said:
It's a low moment in AU politics when we're scrounging around trying to find qualities that make Shorten, Gillard or Rudd better/worse than Abbot/Hockey/Pyne.I vote for the one with the least body hair
Rusty roof,musty cellar.

We couldnt have her in anything less than a Connolly dear hide leather upholstered chopper with black tinted windows

Sikorsky_S_92_External_lrg.jpg

If you want to believe what the unions are saying, even the ALP was happy with the agreement until the unions gave instructions to the ALP to block it, and I doubt whether little Billy would be that stupid.
This is a scare tactic drawn up by the unions, against funnily enough its own members and anyone stupid enough to believe them.

While I agree the unions use scare tactics to drum up membership numbers and ALP votes, not everyone gets suckered in so easily. There's still no denying the trend for big companies to drive down workers wages and conditions by employing foreign employees willing to work for lower wages just for the opportunity to hang around busy Australian train stations. Hardly a scare tactic but a proven profit driving strategy. The same reason why so many big companies run the majority of their call centres and IT departments from Bangalore while making "unavoidable" job cuts in Australia yet still posting record profits.

Damn, I'm getting suckered into these fruitless threads. A hex on you all.

And its not like the LNP dont use scare tactics either.

Thank god the budget emergency is over. That scared the hell out of me ;)

goomboogo, you could ask the same about Abbott what has he done that contributes to the unemployment figure.
Exactly. When it comes to the national economy, Australian governments of all persuasions for decades have claimed credit for things they had very little to do with. Likewise, governments have been blamed for things that were largely out of their control. There is only one way a national government can significantly affect the level of employment and that is via direct involvement. With the exception of a very brief period, Australian governments of the past 40 years have shied away from the level of involvement that would have been required to seriously reduce unemployment.

For a very long time, we have lived in a country that uses unemployment as a means to maintain inflation at the nominated target rate. This skews the view of what role the economy plays in society. Australia, like many countries, view society as being a support mechanism for the economy. Unemployment could be drastically reduced if we viewed the primary role of the national economy as being a mechanism that supports the betterment of society.

I like your thinking... A lot

For way to long Governments of both sides have only a had a 3 year outlook which benefits no one.

They both use the same tactics to scare the voters

Both sides get in and dismantle the previous governments policies.

How the **** are we going to get anywhere when neither side side has a long term bi-partisan vision.

Politics has become a slanging match of insults and derogation & denigration. Just watch 5mins of parliament question time and its enough to want to throw your keg full of your finest home brew thru the TV

goomboogo said:
Unemployment could be drastically reduced if we viewed the primary role of the national economy as being a mechanism that supports the betterment of society/community.
I ****ING LIKE THIS!!!

Trouble is, the share portfolios of our filthy rich and filthy rich wannabees wouldn't grow by as much as they believe is their right. And there's no real profit in bringing all those jobs back home. Bastards!!!

Back