Good To Be Back

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brizbrew

Reaction score
I have been away since before Xmas on an overseas job, In a past life I was in the forces and did some CP and bodyguard work, I got offered a very lucrative job so off I went for 4 months at a drop of a hat. :angry:

Now I am back and dead keen to get back in to brewing but will have to start with a kit brew as time is still a bit short with me just getting back a few days ago.

I am thinking of throwing together 2 tins of the JS two row malt kits in maybe 20-22 litres just to get something drinkable pretty soon, has anybody tried these kits and are they worth the extra bucks? Should I just stick to the cheaper coopers kits in BigW?

Did anyone miss me? Did you even realise I was gone? :ph34r: :p

PS sorry to all those in the QLD xmas case as I got called away a few weeks before the exchange but I did raise a glass to you all while I was away.

You're lucky, most of the xmas case still here for you - you cut it fine mind :)

cheers Ross

Ross said:
You're lucky, most of the xmas case still here for you - you cut it fine mind :)

cheers Ross
[post="119477"][/post]​
Very good Ross, thanks for holding it for me I will have to try and make an effort to pop down and pick it up, Maybe try a few of those beers you have going in your signature there...That is impressive. :beerbang: I still have the stout i made for the case all bottled up and gathering dust so I will drop that down at the same time, you are a brave man if you drink it though. :ph34r:

I am going to throw together a quick kit this weekend and have decided to go with a two can screamer of the Squires two row lager. Am I right in thinking that it needs no extra additions as everything is in the can? I mean no booster packs or a better Yeast or anything?

In a past life I was in the forces and did some CP and bodyguard work, I got offered a very lucrative job.

I know I chatted with my brother about this but his mother-in-law has gone missing. Was that you?

PistolPatch said:
In a past life I was in the forces and did some CP and bodyguard work, I got offered a very lucrative job.

I know I chatted with my brother about this but his mother-in-law has gone missing. Was that you?
[post="119530"][/post]​

You have lost me there mate...I was just doing some BGing in China for some Aussie businessmen who were prepared to pay top whack.

I guess if my mother in law went missing I would be a happy man. :unsure:

Nice to meet you by the way, don't think we have chatted before.

Did anyone miss me? nope
Did you even realise i was gone? nope

:lol: :lol: :p

LOL
Big D ;)

Brizbrew said:
Did anyone miss me? Did you even realise I was gone? :ph34r: :p
[post="119214"][/post]​
No and no. :p

Brizbrew said:
I am thinking of throwing together 2 tins of the JS two row malt kits in maybe 20-22 litres just to get something drinkable pretty soon, has anybody tried these kits and are they worth the extra bucks? Should I just stick to the cheaper coopers kits in BigW?
[post="119214"][/post]​

I tried one of the JS cans quite a while back the Pale Ale from memory and whilst it was quite good it was a bit pricey.

Why dont you do 2 tins of Coopers made up to 20 litres.

Anyway. No more excuses!
Get brewing!!

cheers
johnno

In a past life I was in the forces... I got offered a very lucrative job.

Hi Brizzy. I thought the lucrative job might have been a black op or something exciting like that! (I think my humour needs improving - lol!)

G'day Briz and welcome back. :)

Thought you'd gone missing... Is the A/G rig still all in tact? :beerbang:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
G'day Briz and welcome back. :)

Thought you'd gone missing... Is the A/G rig still all in tact? :beerbang:

Warren -
[post="119587"][/post]​

Yes mate still intact and ready to go, just needs a bit of a dusting off and TLC.

I do not have the time at the moment so I am going to get in to the kits for a few brews and slowly get back in to the AG scene.
I really can't wait. :party:

Latest posts

Back