Good Beer Festival - Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what was your fav beer?
I thought the Crackenback was a great drop, As a Little Creatures fan it was great to see them make the trip.
I hope this is a regular event with a few more local micros getting a run
James

Good Day
I got there for most of Sunday afternoon. Great to to talk to Linz, Trev, Chris, Andrew, Mellanie et al. The beers they had on to sample where equal or better than the commercial beers and the commercial beers where excellent. The Fish Rock and Crackenback where excellent ales. The Hunter Brewing Company had excellent beers, plus Grand Ridge, Wig and Pen, the small brewery from Orange etc etc where all so informative and friendly. There was one stall that answered "I don't know, I just serve the beers." when asked about the style and ingredients but that was the exception.
If they have it again next year make sure you get there. I hope to be asked to help out on the Homebrewing stand, it was so well set up and it is great to be able to talk about homebrewing.

I know it is a bit boring but I liked all of the James Squire range the best... Mainly the golden ale.

Chris' wheat beer was great from the home brew stand.

Don't drive like I did... one can only have so much beer and drive :(

It's important that we build on the success of last weekend. I was surprised by the willingness of the younger vistors to try beers that they had not even heard of let alone tasted - Wee Heavies, Barley Wines etc. We were drunk out by 5pm Saturday so had to make urgent calls for good brew on Saturday night.

The Pub managemnet were well pleased with our effort - how good was the Crakenback Pale Ale- late hopped with Cascade and Amarillo !

We also spoke to a number of new brewers who were just starting out, who were very keen but just needed help. There is still a lot of miss information out there. I think we've lost s lot of budding brewers simply because there hasn't been anyone to show them the way.

Jazza, I'll be in touch separately, thanks for your kind words and all who helped.

Cheers

T

Back