Gmk @ Batz Hinterland Brew Day 23rd

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter Shane said:
ozbrewer said:
damm soundls like a good day, think of me, ill be slaving infornt of a hot pizza oven all night........

whats that 4 family pizzas delivered to batz place......ill go
[post="68136"][/post]​

All donations gratefully received. I am going up there, where do I pick up your contributions for about 8 to 10?. Can pick it up on Friday night and I am sure it will still taste good heated up on Saturday. Your name will be added to the legend.

:beer:
[post="68138"][/post]​

Im sure i can do that........pm me and ill give you the shop adress

You blokes who want some phos. acid of me , any chance of bringing an empty bottle?

Pizza !! :party:

Legend Oz ! ;)

Batz

or if anyone else is heading via the nothern suburbs, the address is shop 4/27 zammit rd deception bay, heading north go past anzac ave turn off, then there is a Deception bay turn off, can remember the name of the turn off but its the one after anzac av, follow it for a few km, till you get to mc donalds, turn left, fisr set of lights is zammit rd, turn right, youll see the shop about 500mtrs on the left....more than happy to send some pizza up........if you want to call ahead prior the phone number is 38886061, tell the girl that answers that there for batz brew day

AndrewQLD said:
Whats the phos acid used for?
[post="68150"][/post]​

It's a sanitizer

Batz

No grain by the looks of it 5.20 pm
I can't see anyone delivering out here at this time :angry:

AndrewQld you still coming down?

I have too make a trip too Brissy on Thursday does someone live near the airport I could drop off the grain there?

Batz

Batz said:
No grain by the looks of it 5.20 pm
I can't see anyone delivering out here at this time :angry:

AndrewQld you still coming down?

I have too make a trip too Brissy on Thursday does someone live near the airport I could drop off the grain there?

Batz
[post="68175"][/post]​

If no one is closer I am at chermside, your welcome to drop grain off at my house for others to pick up. I work from home so it's not too much trouble for people to come and collect their grain...

I'm only a bit further out than Chermside but if you need somewhere for the grain I am willing to put my hand up,

and Oz I can always stop in by your place tommorow if wanted.

Hoops

Ok will can work that out at the piss up ...oh I mean brew day :beer:

batz :party:

Hoops said:
and Oz I can always stop in by your place tommorow if wanted.

Hoops
[post="68183"][/post]​

No need to Hoops. I picked up the goodies tonight. Thanks go to ozbrewer.

PeterS

three cheers to Ozbrewer, mmm PIZZA :beer: :beer: :beer:

Andrew

Have a great day guys :beer:

on rechecking the time - hope you're having a great one....

Looking forward to the report and pics guys ...
why is far north qld so FARRRR away :) I would love to attend a full on brew day with a few of you guys one day ....

Cheers fnqbunyip... :)

Wonderful brew day

Great company

Thanks for coming guys and thanks also too ozbrewer who could not make it but supplied very nice pizzas.

It was good to catch up with fellow AHB members and put names to faces.

Exellent beers were drank throughout the day and night , perhaps a few too many by the look of us in the morning.

I hope you enjoyed yourself GMK , did you make any sales?

Batz

First photo left to right
Hoops,AndrewQld,GMK (old Kenny),Peter Shane and Tidalpete

Ok - sitting at Hoops house at the moment - getting my Mag stirrer going.

Greta spot u have up there Batz - Brew Day and Hospitality was most excellent.

We all had a very good day - Thanks very much.

No sales - but then there is allways next time.. :)

GMK

Hoops said:
Ok - sitting at Hoops house at the moment - getting my Mag stirrer going.

Greta spot u have up there Batz - Brew Day and Hospitality was most excellent.

We all had a very good day - Thanks very much.

No sales - but then there is allways next time.. :)

GMK
[post="68329"][/post]​

An excellent location, an excellent host & an excellent time with great blokes. :super: What more could you want on a Big Brew Day? Great to meet everyone & learn a bit. Pass the asprin please.

Thanks Batz
What a great day and night, the friendliest bunch of blokes I have ever met. A range of beers to put a micro brewery to shame and the quality was excellent :party: .

batz_brew_day_008.jpg
Hoops brought a mini keg of an excellent APA using amarillo hops, and I am converted :chug: , TidalPete surprised us all with a knockout chilli beer that is still burning whenever I sit down , GMK produced a Barley wine at 10% that was smooth and creamy and very alcoholicy yumm , and also a nice cider. Peter shane gave us a look into the past with a very tasty 60s ale useing all POR, whoever thinks that POR is not a good hop should try this beer. Batz produced a very nice dry Alt that went down a treat but the beer of the day for me was his Smoked Porter, I have never been keen on the thought of a smoked beer but this one was a real treat B) . The mash went down as smooth as you could want and Batz's brewing equipement and skills are amazing.

I have to say that I learnt more in one day by getting together with a bunch of dedicated brewers than I could learn any other way, And all of these guys had something to contribute to the knowledge pool. It was a great experience.A big thanks to Ozbrewer, if your beers are as good as your pizzas, then your a masterbrewer.

Finally a big thanks to Mrs Batz, who managed to put up with 6 boozy brewers and still be smiling in the morning, wonderfull hospitality :D .

More pics to come.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back