Glass Washing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
I've heard a fair bit about detergent residue in glasses causing issues for head and pouring and often notice that the 2nd pour in a glass is nicer...

I've set up a keg fridge and intend to dedicate a set of beer glasses to it and was wondering if anyone goes down a no soap washing regime for glasses and if so what they use to clean them?

cheers

I've heard a fair bit about detergent residue in glasses causing issues for head and pouring and often notice that the 2nd pour in a glass is nicer...

I've set up a keg fridge and intend to dedicate a set of beer glasses to it and was wondering if anyone goes down a no soap washing regime for glasses and if so what they use to clean them?

cheers

Check this wiki article:
Head Formation and Glass Cleaning
This is a method that works very well.

I also just chuck them in the dishwasher (glasses without pics printed on them) and then just rinse with vinegar, then hot water.

There are many different ways. Some just use hot water straight after finishing a beer (so that no dried on scunge can form) which also works well.

A good soak in keg and line cleaner, then vinegar, then hot water also works well for glasses that are left out in the sun for a while to dry :icon_vomit:
Try a few of these methods, and see which one works for you.

Cheers, John.

I just rinse out my specialty glasses (pint, wheat & chimay) with hot water & they pull up great.

but I mostly just use my Headmaster schooner glasses which i put in the dishwasher & they still deliver the perfect head every time! they are great glasses & cheap! 4 for $20.

I rub them with detergent then dont even bother rinsing and I get perfect head.

4 for $20 place near me sells scooner ones for $1.90 each or $1.40 each if you buy a box. cost me $16 for 6 glasses and a potato peeler

I just rinse out my specialty glasses (pint, wheat & chimay) with hot water & they pull up great.

but I mostly just use my Headmaster schooner glasses which i put in the dishwasher & they still deliver the perfect head every time! they are great glasses & cheap! 4 for $20.

I just rinse them in hot water after I've finished drinking and rub off all the finger prints under the hot water too, leave to drip dry, get pretty good head, pint glasses have good head retention too.

Latest posts

Back