Gina looking for a long wall and a load of blindfolds.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maheel said:
plenty of Africans working in Aussie mines getting paid a LOT more than $2 an hour.....

prob more like $150 - 200 an hour
I got a Zimbabwean guy a job here, well over in PNG first, than here, now the ******* earns +200k a year supervising the repairs and maintenance of fixed plant (crushers, etc) in WA. Although he was a damn good hard worker, and smart, and talk funny :)

Maheel said:
plenty of Africans working in Aussie mines getting paid a LOT more than $2 an hour.....

prob more like $150 - 200 an hour
Um...I doubt that....there are not very many at all on that kind of money....and certainly not your average pick n shovell blokes

How the hell would Africans get a job in the mines anyway, there is way to many Kiwi's in line in-front of them at the HR office.

Yeah... As someone who works on a mine site, none of the "workers" are on that kind of money except for air leggers and they're a dying breed who only do 6 hour shifts anyway. I can't speak for project/mining managers and people above them though. But they're a rare few and certainly not people on a 456 visa.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm fat and rich
so **** you
you miserable, lazy povo *****

I found a heap of coal
It was in my hole,
in the ground
Is where it is found.
Welfare people should die.

There was a fat ugly 'girl' named Gina,
Who hid a tiny weaner.
She said, 'I'm a hermaphrodite'
But hey its alright,
I'm rich and you're all stupid poor little people with no power hihi.

Let's put it this way, if she donated or lost 95% of her wealth, she would still have $1.1 billion to play with.

That isn't just rich, that is unimaginably wealthy. Think of the things that could be achieved if 95% of her $22,000,000,000 were invested in something worthwhile. Medical research. ******* space exploration. But instead she will hoard it and condescend the people who need to work day to day just to eat.

Liam_snorkel said:
Think of the things that could be achieved if 95% of her $22,000,000,000 were invested in something worthwhile. Medical research
That would fund Medicare for 10yrs....just the interest alone would build a nice new hospital every year.

When you look at her and then someone like Kerry Packer there is no comparison. He used to donate HUGE amounts and was also fair. When I lived in the Upper Hunter Valley, where his Polo padock "Ellerston" is, he would only use locals to do as much work as possible, He used to buy his vehicles from the local dealers. The local taxi at Scone used to deliver the sunday papers every week. A round trip of nearly 200km . He would even offer his helicopter to take those hurt on the sports fields directly to sydney. He never spruked but allways looked after those who were prepared to have a go.

When Gina starts doing that instead of slagging off she might find a bit more respect.

I obviously don't know Kerry Packer, but everything I've read and watched about him (Had a bit of a man crush for a while) he sounds like a champ. Yeh he used to abuse people and go off his head, but who doesn't, and most simpletons need abusing to work anyway, a good ol' 'Hey fuk knuckle, did u just pour water into a fuel tank, were your parents first cousins?', makes them remember for next time.

Speaking from experience :p

Kerry was a good bloke, yes he had a temper and the stories I have heard were interesting. One of them was when he bogged a brand new 80 series LC ...got out...pulled out his 9mm and emptied it into it...he then turned to one of the farm hands and said " Ring Scone toyota and order another 5....******* ***** of things keep getting bogged"..I knew the bloke who was there...he was shit scared as Kerry was waving a 9mm around and very pissed off and swearing like a brickies labourer....needles to say my mate ordered 5 brand new cruisers the next day...

Sums up my view very well about half those on the doll

Wobbly

Last edited by a moderator:
Half?

there are just as many ferals with money (we call them CUBs - Cashed Up Bogans) who rort the tax system and contribute nothing positive to society either. Just spoilt shitty kids and gaudy houses, and by extension, 'reality' TV (because surely nobody else watches it).

Yeah... really? Half? BS.

The real figures are put there (not that anyone cares.. its much easier to demonise anyone on welfare as a bludger). Here is a report from the Australian Institute of Criminology - http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/current%20series/tandi/421-440/tandi421.html

Overall, in the three years, 0.04 percent of customers were convicted of fraud.
That's a long way from half.

The report also says -
Anecdotes about people feigning illness or disability, living on welfare while avoiding work, or collecting benefits while working, became a standard part of social gossip
Yep.. Anecdotes (the plural of anecdote is anecdotes not data) and gossip.

If Gina wants to find people who have a sense of entitlement to government handouts she should have a good long look in the mirror. The whole mining industry (and particularly the individuals who own most of it) grabs government cash with both hands while simultaneously bleating on about bludgers and their sense of entitlement. Sickening.

Bribie G said:
The UK welfare system is based on the National Insurance Contributions Scheme set up after the Second World War, and is basically a State run super type scheme. Every week, a contribution is taken out of your pay and accrues in your Nat Insurance account, and if you are unemployed for a while and when you retire, this contribution .. did you see the word Insurance above? pays out.

Perhaps a big mistake made by Australia (whingeing pom cap on) is that this was not adopted in Australia at that time because there was huge economic growth and low unemployment, mostly due to immigration, and ever onward and upward etc... no need ever to have a contributory system like the UK.
In fact, that is how the OAP started here - with contributions going into a separate fund (ie, not consolidated revenue). But the pollies' greed got too great and they just rolled it all into one (back in the 1950s I think) so they could access that money for general handouts.

So I don't think the OAP is welfare, but certainly the dole, disability support pension, single mothers pension etc are, and are massively rorted in Australia. Health care cards are also handed out like confetti, if you know how to work the system. If you are on welfare and cannot afford cars, ciggies, beer/Jim Beam, pokies etc, then you are simply not working the system properly.

Back