GF conical with KegLand G20

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klarko

Reaction score
Hi,

Am looking at buying a chiller for my GF conical. I'm balking at the cost of the GF glycol chiller in comparison to the KegLand G20 or G40 even.

I'm wondering if anyone here has used either KegLand unit in conjuction with GF Conical and if so, what was the experience.

I'm happy to fork out for a superior product but I'm not sure it is justified if the KegLand product is a good performer and works seamlessly with the GF Conical.

Thanks

I could point you to a thread elsewhere where the KL glycol chiller was discussed, but my post would then be deleted. It was also discussed on this forum by Snake eyes the purchase didn't end up to well for Snake eyes, if you could check. Though this thread comes under the heading-

Gear and Equipment
Got a setup everyone should know about? Got a specific problem with some gear or looking to buy a new setup? Discuss it in here.

If one should discuss a problem with a Keg Land product then one is accused of being a Keg King employee and the thread goes downhill. Better to get the Glycol chiller from Keg Land and you report back here if it was good or not. Good luck.

Might be worth letting him speak for himself on this one rather than assuming history is recorded here in it's entirety.

@Klarko, I've owned a G40.1 and it's a good unit (apart from Snake Eyed's one), certainly plenty powerful enough to drive multiple Grainfather conicals. It doesn't have any particular control system built in for temp control of the fermenter(s) though so you'd want to add your own pump(s) and thermostat control(s) for the pump(s).

Edit: my use was with a Fermenter King and Fermzilla, not the GF conical but there's no reason it would be any less appropriate for that unit.

Latest posts

Back