Getting SMaSHed in March /Case Swap April 12 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

Reaction score
So I will be holding a Case Swap and Beer Comp at my place in Byford on the 12th April. I will be posting this on a number of WA brew forums / Sites and is open to all WA Brewers K & K, Partial, AG and even those BIABers.

The Case Swap
There will be a limited numbers ( 12 - 15 ) for the case swap so if you want to be in it please put your name and most likely beer swap. For those that do not know a case swap is where you bring the required number of beers ( say 12 or so Pints, plastic or King Browns) and swap them one for one with everyone else so you get a good selection of other peoples beers to try.

The Beer Comp will be a SMaSH.
The brew will need to be a Single Malt, Single Hop beer that has been fully brewed in the month of March. No Adjuncts (Yeast nutrient, Whirlfloc and Water treatments permitted). Those that bottle condition you have 2 weeks to bottle condition and get them ready for the 12th.
smile.png

At this stage beers will be judged by the crowd with everyone getting a score sheet to judge and score. (Chris/ Funseeker , no throwing the score and comments sheets into the bonfire this time )

No prizes at the moment its purely bragging rights at this stage but will see what happens between now and then.

So how does a partial or K&K brewer do a SMaSH?

They are welcome to join the case swap but yes unless they find a single grain goop will not be able to take part in the SMaSH

Looking forward to this Dave, last one was a great event. Maybe we dont light the bonfire till someone has got the comment sheets back from Funseeker ;)

Looking forward to meeting more of the WABC.

Cheers

Ciro

mckenry said:
So how does a partial or K&K brewer do a SMaSH?
Try briess pilsner or golden, I'll double check but I'm pretty sure they are just one base malt. Others wise you can get single varieties of extract like wheat .

coopers do unhopped cans of goo, 2x tins and hops too easy plus yeast! Keen as for this one put me name down just over in Bertram so should be no probs to make it.

are you going to make a list of whos making what if so put me down for a vienna cascade smash .

gillie said:
coopers do unhopped cans of goo, 2x tins and hops too easy plus yeast! Keen as for this one put me name down just over in Bertram so should be no probs to make it.
Yeah, look, I was only mucking around. But, unhopped goo does not mean 1 malt.

Would it matter too much if a extract brewer made and light malt extract and hop brew. No don't think so not to me anyway. Gota start somewhere.

Ok, all those participating in a case swap please add your names and type of brew below.
April 12 2014 Byford

1 Neanderthal Summer Ale
2 Michael Bielecki Dry Stout
3 Slarty - English IPA
4 Andrew Cameron - American Brown Ale
5 Hopwrecked - TBA Beer
6 Liam mcgreavy Ale
7 Gilbert Gurney Pale Ale

This is still happening on the 12th April if people are keen to attend and meet up withy more WA brewers.

If you are interested in coming along please PM me for my address.

Latest posts

Back