G'day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaquebrew

Reaction score
Getting back into brewing after a few years

Kits and bits for now, hoping to get into AG but supplies could be an issue

Interested how others in remote locations cope

All tips absolutely welcome

Cheers

Welcome, there used to be a Yeppoon guy on here a few years ago.

CQ brewers seem a bit thin on the ground on the forum just at the moment, for All Grain you have good suppliers online nowadays such as Hervey Bay Home Brew supplies and CraftBrewer in Brisbane who can supply your needs for specialty grains, hops, yeasts and sundries with pretty good postage. I live about as far from Brisbane southerly as you are Northerly and get brilliant service from CraftBrewer.

If you are looking at going All Grain the problem where you are is getting base malted barley by the 25 kg bag. Others in CQ might chip in and let you know how they get on. I'd say HBHB would be a good starting point for enquiries, I'd expect there are good courier options from HB to Rocky at least. :)

Thanks Bribie G

How will malted grains keep in the temperatures/humidity up here ?

Shouldn't be a problem. Most sacks are poly lined so fairly airtight against humidity if you fold them down well or keep them in a bin, and I never had a problem on Bribie Island.

Quite a few brewers in Bundy (AndrewQLD and QLD Kev to name but five) :ph34r: who don't report problems. Of course your main concern before the Spring kicks in would be temperature controlled fridge(s).

I'm quite familiar with Bundy, Bargara, Gladstone etc from my previous reincarnation as a cane toad :) and don't feel that grain storage would be a worry.

Temp control is OK for fermentation

I'm a Roach in Qld ..................... Happy days for the first time in 8 yrs

Latest posts

Back