G'day all, new all grainer from Newcastle.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownsworthy

Reaction score
G'day all,

I've been brewing for the last couple of years and after around 30 odd extract brews I've decided to take the plunge and go all grain.

So I've gone and got a 55l cooler mash tun fitted with False bottom,3 piece bv,dial thermometer and blichmann sparge arm, ss brewtech 80l kettle,ss brewtech 14gal fermenter,40l urn for hlt,ss herms/chiller coil, keg king pump,mill and will use quick disconnects on the plumbing.

I've downloaded Beersmith 2 and will be cleaning everything up today and doing a water test run to get it all dialed in.

Really looking forward to the next chapter in my brewing and sharing my experiences with you lot and picking your brains of course as I think I'll need all the help I can get.

Cheers

Maybe you can come along to the next meeting of the Hunter United Brewers next Friday, 19/2/16, at the Hamilton North Bowling club (6 PM for a 6:30 meeting commencement) and share your story.

Happy for you to pm me for further info.

Welcome to a.g.

Edit, Thanks, Bribie for the date correction.

Month too late Les :lol: get that edit button working.

Hey when's your March meeting? Might be in Newy for that weekend.

Thanks Les,

I would love to come along I don't live to far from there so should be able to make it.

Cheers

Bribie G said:
Month too late Les :lol: get that edit button working.

Hey when's your March meeting? Might be in Newy for that weekend.
Bribie,

HUB's meetings are always on the 3rd Friday each month. 6:00 pm for a 6:30pm start, at Hamilton North Bowling Club. So that would be 18 March. They also have a pretty good kitchen, so you can fill the inner man too.

Would love to see you there anytime you are down this way.

warra48 said:
Bribie,

HUB's meetings are always on the 3rd Friday each month. 6:00 pm for a 6:30pm start, at Hamilton North Bowling Club. So that would be 18 March. They also have a pretty good kitchen, so you can fill the inner man too.

Would love to see you there anytime you are down this way.
Yeah, Bribie,

March on through, in March. We will probably have our wrap-up for the Newcastle Show Comp at that meeting.

Any and all visiting brewers, commercial or homebrew are welcome. This has been a HUB public service announcement, tacitly authorised by the HUB executive committee.

Back