G'day, again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
Cobbers,

I was using this site when I started getting into brewing back in Sydney and then I left to go back to pommy land. I soon realised my mistake and in two weeks will be returning back to Oz! I can't wait. Different part of Australia this time though. Heading up to the top end - will be living in Darwin in a couple of weeks time. I won't have my brewing kit with me immediately as I'm shipping it over so I guess I'll have to buy another one! Might go for the three vessel method rather than BIAB this time.

Anyway, looking forward to getting involved with the forum and cooking up some nice brews!

Cheers,

welly(2)

Forever Wort said:
Make sure you make a thread and document your brewery build with pics etc!
I shall do that for sure! Planning on doing it "frugally"! Mash tun will be the most expensive bit I guess. And not sure whether to go for an electric HLT or get a gas ring and bottle. Anyway, we'll see!

Welcome back to God's own Earth, and I'd like to remind you that we don't like stuck-up sticky-beaks here. Sorry. I have Monty Python Tourette's syndrome.

Finally arrived in Darwin on Wednesday this week. Built my mash tun yesterday! Almost, anyway. Need to get hold of a false bottom and I've got a slight issue with the mash tun leaking - I bought a Keep Cold 37L cooler and am just using the rubber washers that came with tap on the cooler. Seems they're probably no good so need to find some replacements but it's a start anyway. Need to build myself a boiler and HLT next! Hopefully should be up and running in a few weeks time for my first brew day!

And it's bloody hot up here.

Les the Weizguy said:
Welcome back to God's own Earth, and I'd like to remind you that we don't like stuck-up sticky-beaks here. Sorry. I have Monty Python Tourette's syndrome.
Are you a poofta?

Reminded me of this.. see 4.40 timestamp ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back