Gas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antex

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone else has a similar occurrence.

Having had an agreement with wife number 2, whereby she smokes, I fart, and another agreement with wife number 3, where she snores, I can fart, well now as we get older, her snoring has increased and since starting to keg my beer I have noticed a huge increase in my ability to almost fart on demand, much to the delight of the grand children that always fall for the old pull my finger trick.
My question to fellow Brewers is, as I notice some brews cause more flatulance than others, is it possible that a brew not fully fermented could start secondary fermentation In our gut? Or is this excess gas being caused by an over carbonated keg?

Just curious.

:lol: Not what I expected of this topic.
I don't think its beer or home brew at all. Gut balance maybe. My Step father has been a consistently spectacular farter his whole life. No shame about it either. Like a calling card you know when he's around. I could out fart anyone like a champion far more in younger years when I didn't drink home brew. I ate a lot more unnatural foods and over processed crap back then too. Took me 40 years to realise good gut balance and fart the most rarely now I almost miss it.
Now I cringe at the crap I used to eat and salivate for fresh picked organic stuff, fresh meats, fermented foods, home cooked, home brew, minimal processed stuff is what works.

anecdotal evidence would suggest the higher the FG the higher the gas production. Being anecdotal evidence with a sample size of one, results may vary.

Ahhh!! Wyeast 3068 makes me wretched!! I ripped a big whiffy in the kitchen and the kids started screaming 3 rooms away in less than 30 seconds. It was a masterpiece!!
Seriously it was so bad I had the dry heaves.. SWMBO said if I attempted a Dutch Oven or Cuff N Snuff with that colonic filth, there would be a divorce filed.

If I had just topped it off with a black bean and cheese burrito it would have been life-changing.

my son loves you Tex and he hasn't even met you. but your humor and his... match made in heaven.

A few months ago I started using foam controller, a few drops in the boil to stop boil overs. It contains simethicone to alter the surface tension and is the same stuff used in infacol to stop colic (uncomfortable gas) in bubbas. Anyway my wife says to be the other day that I don't seem to fart anymore. I have a think and can't remember farting in the previous week, even longer. WTF, this is unnatural. My suspicion is that 'foam controller' may also be 'fart controller'. Just a theory, but something has changed.

Black n Tan said:
A few months ago I started using foam controller, a few drops in the boil to stop boil overs. It contains simethicone to alter the surface tension and is the same stuff used in infacol to stop colic (uncomfortable gas) in bubbas. Anyway my wife says to be the other day that I don't seem to fart anymore. I have a think and can't remember farting in the previous week, even longer. WTF, this is unnatural. My suspicion is that 'foam controller' may also be 'fart controller'. Just a theory, but something has changed.
That's one helluva bad trade-off my friend. Why do we drink home brew? Wobbly boots and beer farts.. You forfeited 50% for the sake of a boil over.... and you've disappointed your wife..

manticle said:
Stouts and dim sims are a terrific combination.
Better out than in.
Yes, but is it a dog stopper? You know the ones that make a dog leave the room?
You know you've hit new levels and the "apex of foul" when an animal that normally has his tongue molar deep in his bum gets up and leaves the room in disgust.

Antex said:
Was just wondering if anyone else has a similar occurrence.

Having had an agreement with wife number 2, whereby she smokes, I fart, and another agreement with wife number 3, where she snores, I can fart, well now as we get older, her snoring has increased and since starting to keg my beer I have noticed a huge increase in my ability to almost fart on demand, much to the delight of the grand children that always fall for the old pull my finger trick.
My question to fellow Brewers is, as I notice some brews cause more flatulance than others, is it possible that a brew not fully fermented could start secondary fermentation In our gut? Or is this excess gas being caused by an over carbonated keg?

Just curious.
I just had to reread this original post to completely follow... I'm confused..
That's a very busy bed.. Hopefully wife #1 is wearing earmuffs and a nose clip..

Back