Gas Pressure For A Miracle Box

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbo5253

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have had a look around and cant find the answer I am after.

A group of Mates have bought a Keg of Coopers for the weekend.
I have borrowed an andale miracle box & coupler and I am supplying the Gas.

My question is:

What pressure do we need to set the gas to?

Is it the same as my Corny setup with just under 100kpa? or is it completely different

Just dont want to waste litres of beer getting it right...

Cheers and Beers

Robbo

Hey Guys,

I have had a look around and cant find the answer I am after.

A group of Mates have bought a Keg of Coopers for the weekend.
I have borrowed an andale miracle box & coupler and I am supplying the Gas.

My question is:

What pressure do we need to set the gas to?

Is it the same as my Corny setup with just under 100kpa? or is it completely different

Just dont want to waste litres of beer getting it right...

Cheers and Beers

Robbo

I've had kegs of Coopers PA&RA in the past and run them on a mirical box and with the keg in a fridge , it can be a bit fiddly getting it right on a mirical box but yes just under the 100Kpa or around 12psi , I did find it was ezyer when the whole keg was cold ...

Cheers and ave a good weekend , don't forget the aerogard ....

Cheers for the quick reply.

Picking keg up from pub just before we start drinking and will have in a tub with ice to keep it chilled.

Cheers

Robbo

Cheers for the quick reply.

Picking keg up from pub just before we start drinking and will have in a tub with ice to keep it chilled.

Cheers

Robbo

Ask the guys at the pub what they would set it at. Alot of the time when you hire a keg and gas etc they will set it up for you, or atleast set the gas level 1st.

No harm in asking them.

Pok

Should be around the mark with 100kpa, but it might need adjusting still.

I found that dispensing from a cold keg with only a tap and a length of beer line I could use much less pressure to get it pouring well than I had to use with a miracle box and cold keg. I gather it is to do with resistance in the miracle box being higher, so it needed more pressure to pour well.

Good luck with emptying the keg!

Yeah, happy to play with it, just wanted a rough starting point.

Cheers

Robbo

I have a couple that I hire out, they go with Locked Regs set at ~200 kPa.

The way to calibrate the flow is to fill a keg with water and adjust the flow until you are getting 1 Litre in 10 seconds.

That will give you a perfect pour and keep the carbonation right.

I am assuming that we are talking about a miracle plate, big hunk of aluminium with 6mm stainless tube cast into it.

Hope that helps

MHB

I can report all went well!! Set the pressure around 120 and that seemed fine, reasonably slow pour but it was a mates lad pouring for us so made it easier for him.
Had to leave the boys to it, but am sure it will be empty some time in the next few hours.

It has just inspired me to find my own chiller plate and make a Miracle box, or stainless coil if I can find one.

Cheers and Beers

Robbo

I have a couple that I hire out, they go with Locked Regs set at ~200 kPa.

The way to calibrate the flow is to fill a keg with water and adjust the flow until you are getting 1 Litre in 10 seconds.

That will give you a perfect pour and keep the carbonation right.

I am assuming that we are talking about a miracle plate, big hunk of aluminium with 6mm stainless tube cast into it.

Hope that helps

MHB

MHB, do you still hire out miracle boxes in Newcastle? I'm needing one for the end of this month (October 29th), so if you could send me your contact details I'll give you a shout.

My other option is the tap with bicycle pump attached. Anyone had experience of using these on 50 litre kegs? I've heard the keg needs to be drained in 48 hours which will be fine, but I don't know if it retains enough fizz or it it starts to taste flat after 10 hours. If it will last for 28 hours we can finish it off the next day no problem. If anyone's used them, please let me know how well they work,
Thanks

Latest posts

Back