Gas Burner - Recommendations please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clauddr

Reaction score
Gents - It's Friday and tomorrow's brew day!

I've got an 8 month pregnant wife at home who wants to vom at the smell of wort cooking up (if she wasn't having my baby eh!) so as a courtesy I want to get my outdoor brew on.

I have a 50L pot and a bottle full of gas but I'm looking for a kickass gas burner at a reasonable rate (say, sub-$80) - Doesn't need to be high tech, just do a job...any suggestions?

Cheers
C

Can absolutely reccommend a 3 ring burner (I got mine from BCF) it goes by the name of the RB40 on BCF's website. From what I have heard it should be able to handle your sort of volumes, mayyyyybe you want to look at the four ring but really not sure, someone else can probably chime in on that one but I picked mine up for 48 dollars after 20 percent off so normally about 60 bucks and I'm very happy with it!

Get an adjustable regulator, they're the best addition to a 3 ring reg to speed up your boil times
Also, do a search for "burner suggestions", there are 100's of threads on here with great advice and run downs on the pros/cons of each common burner

Blows your budget right out of the water, but I couldn't be happier with the itailian spiral burner and medium pressure adjustable reg.

Got them from beer belly.

I use a 4 ring burner got it from BCF & they stuffed the price up $50 but that was 4 years ago
Think they were supposed to be $70
I have a 50l set up boils 35L no worries
An adjustable reg would be nice but more gas I spose

An adjustable reg gives you quite the opposite, it gives you more control as to how much gas you are using.

So you only use as much as you need rather than the burner just going flat out all of the time.

3-4 ring burner is the go with an adjustable reg

Just make sure you drill out the holes every 6 months as they will close up with rust over time.

Other than that, they will outlast your mother in-law

The good thing I've found with the multi ring burners is that even without an adjustable reg you can get good control by turning individual rings on and off

Yep. Once you have a rolling boil up, you only need the middle ring going, and even then you can turn it down.

Hmm, my 4 ring threw a bit of soot last brew, maybe in need of a drilling..

+1 on the adjustable reg, they rock.. All up not in your budget though for both the burner and the reg.

Do yourself a favour and get the 4 ring and future proof your kettle upgrade down the track.. With a bub on the way, brewdays become scarce and doing a 100l boil stacks up pretty quick in terms of a brewday efficiency ;)

Yob said:
Hmm, my 4 ring threw a bit of soot last brew, maybe in need of a drilling..

+1 on the adjustable reg, they rock.. All up not in your budget though for both the burner and the reg.

Do yourself a favour and get the 4 ring and future proof your kettle upgrade down the track.. With a bub on the way, brewdays become scarce and doing a 100l boil stacks up pretty quick in terms of a brewday efficiency ;)
You will suprised at how blocked they can get. ...Oh........And dont forget to shake out the wasp nests inside them as well.....

Go a Rambo burner.... Above budget but if you like asian food you're covered! site sponsor craft brewer sells them.

They go through a shit load of gas though.. I get 6-7 brews from a 9kg, hasn't really noticed a difference since going from a keggle to a 120l pot...

Latest posts

Back