Cooking With Gas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watertrade

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been asked before (and I know it has :huh: ) but I have another question about gas burners. I hope for some direction on burners -

I am returning to brewing after a few years away - My wife insisted I get back into brewing... She's the boss! Anyway one of the reasons I stopped was the house we bought wasn't very brewer friendly so I had to improvise everything and brewing all grain became a really pain. Also my three ring burner just didn't have the power to get a quick boil... so it took ages. My question is

can I use a different regulator with my old three ring burner and get better results compared to the one I have now (sorry don't know what it is but its the standard one you would be given from the BBQ shop for the 9kg bottles)
I want to continue using the 9kg gas bottles and like doing batches up to 40litres.

I will end up getting a Nasa or similar if the three ring can't cope with it.
Cheers

Jim

My apologies if this has been asked before (and I know it has :huh: ) but I have another question about gas burners. I hope for some direction on burners -

I am returning to brewing after a few years away - My wife insisted I get back into brewing... She's the boss! Anyway one of the reasons I stopped was the house we bought wasn't very brewer friendly so I had to improvise everything and brewing all grain became a really pain. Also my three ring burner just didn't have the power to get a quick boil... so it took ages. My question is

can I use a different regulator with my old three ring burner and get better results compared to the one I have now (sorry don't know what it is but its the standard one you would be given from the BBQ shop for the 9kg bottles)
I want to continue using the 9kg gas bottles and like doing batches up to 40litres.

I will end up getting a Nasa or similar if the three ring can't cope with it.
Cheers

Jim

Jim,

Check this thread out, i bought one of these regulators and it has helped my 3 ring burner get the wort to the boil a lot quicker

Link

Rook

ive used a 2 ring burner for a while now and never really was happy with it
came across an adjustable medium pressure regulator at work the other day

excellent results great boil and fast heat up of water in my full keggle system
i would think even better results with a 3 ring

I use one of the ones that therook linked to as well. Brings kettle to the boil in like no time. Also great to put the wok on the burner. Man, that makes for some SERIOUS caramelisation.

Back