Gas Burner...Finally getting back into all-grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkoking

Reaction score
I need to buy a burner for an outdoor setup for my brew kettle. What are the best options?

Mate - seriously that's such a piece of string question.
Its going to depend on how big a batch you are going to boil, type of pot...
I have an old Italian spiral burner that's given over 10years service and still going strong, had a cheap as 4 ring burner that would boil a 205L SS drum.
For mine its more down to having a really good industrial regulator, gives heaps of control and lets you get the most out of the burner.
There isn't a right answer. Depends what you are willing to spend a Mongolian is excellent but so are lots of other options. I don't even know what a Gas One or Dark Star are probably as I haven't been in the market for a burner for a decade or more.
Mark

I have a $80 cast iron Gasmate brand 3 ring burner from the big green shed. Boils my 30lt keggle on the inner and middle rings. You get what you pay for though, the quality is not real good. I had to tweak the air mixture but the outer ring still burns with a yellow flame. In hindsight I would pay more for quality next time as my burner will not give 10 years service.

Same here bought a cheap rambo two burner and was not up to job. Went out and bought a companion mega jet burner, which I am very happy with.

Much depends on how exposed your brewing will be to wind. Those shields only work so well. If you don't have a well-sheltered location and can't pick brewing days by the weather forecast, you might want a high-pressure burner.

Latest posts

Back