Gaf Cfh20 200l Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Reaction score
Hi There,

Due to my keg fridge dying a couple of weeks ago, I'm in the market for a new keg fridge, after reading this forum, I thought I'd get a F&P 216l freezer. Today I ventured into the Good Guys and noticed the CFH20 200L Chest Freezer. Whilst not as wide as the F&P, it's longer. And about $100 cheaper!!!!!

Do anyone on this forum have this model? If so, what's your thought on the freezer? How many kegs can you fit in?

Cheers,
Jase

Hi There,

Due to my keg fridge dying a couple of weeks ago, I'm in the market for a new keg fridge, after reading this forum, I thought I'd get a F&P 216l freezer. Today I ventured into the Good Guys and noticed the CFH20 200L Chest Freezer. Whilst not as wide as the F&P, it's longer. And about $100 cheaper!!!!!

Do anyone on this forum have this model? If so, what's your thought on the freezer? How many kegs can you fit in?

Cheers,
Jase

I looked at these today and I would say you'd get at least 4 kegs in there if you put a collar on it.

Can't comment on quality but from memory they have a 2 year warranty as standard so how bad can they be?

For the record I ended up buying something very similar branded as "Hotpoint" from a smaller local store. Took 4 circle cut outs (22cm diameter) into the store and they fit quite easily, I reckon at a squeeze I could probably get a 5th in.

Thanks simma,

I ended up getting this freezer. Four kegs will fit easily, maybe even 5 kegs!!!!

As I purchased a dishwasher as well, I got another $40 off the price of the freezer, so I got another four years extended warranty, making it a total of 5 years warranty!!!!! Peace of mind!

All good.

Cheers,
Jase

G'day Kingy,

The lid will close without the need for a collar, however, you can fit only 4 kegs in without a collar.

To fit another keg in will require a 20 cm collar. ( that may be too big of a collar, not too sure!!! )

All good, happy with the purchase, will hopefully have the freezer set up next week.

Cheers,
Jase

Jase,

Have you got this freezer set up yet? The Good Guys have them advertised for $399 & today & tomorrow have 30% off (WA anyway).

Can you comment on the freezer & did you end up using a collar?

Cheers,

Ben

G'day Ben,

unfortunately I haven't had a chance to set up the freezer yet.

As mentioned earlier, you can fit in 4 kegs without collar.

I'll post some photos when I get around to setting up.

If you decide to purchase, get the additional 4 years warranty for piece of mind.

Cheers,
Jase

i ended up going the fisher and paykel 216litre from the good guys as all the stores near me sold out of the 200 litre one. They sit alittle taller than the 200. 4 kegs only just fit in (tight squeeze) i haggled the dude down from 529 to 457. So i was happy. Just need to pick my font up from post office tomoz. woo hoo cant wait. Its unbeliable how little power these chestys use ay. Shitloads better then the old fridgeys. :super:

Latest posts

Back