"funky Smell"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigruss

Reaction score
Hi All,
Im new to this site, but thought that maybe someone might have an answer to why when i use finings to clear my beer, i seem to get a really funky smell in the final product.. it's not good! the taste has been spot on each brew with or with out it, but im looking for a better presintation!

cheers

Welcome Russ... it really depends on what the funky smell is. Which finings and what yeast are you using? Can you better describe this funky smell?

Hey mate, welcome!

There is a couple of reasons that come to mind..

1. your beached
2. your beached AS!

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahaha, are you pretty parched are you bro?

Hi All,
Im new to this site, but thought that maybe someone might have an answer to why when i use finings to clear my beer, i seem to get a really funky smell in the final product.. it's not good! the taste has been spot on each brew with or with out it, but im looking for a better presintation!

cheers

?????????????????????????????????????

Warren -

troll_web.jpg

My guess is "big russ" was waiting on a lot of posts regarding the virtues of filters. <_<

Warren -

Wow... that video got around quick? Been drinking a bit of the beer Cocko? Unlike myself... which has been carefully sipping CHIMAY BLEUE with the lady friend... WHOOoooo.

Latest posts

Back