Fully Automated Brewing System Design

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously the schedule has blown out, but meh, its my project!

Well yours and the collective 2000 community hours that you should be crediting. Just make some beer for chrissakes :)

Well yours and the collective 2000 community hours that you should be crediting. Just make some beer for chrissakes :)

Patience dude! By 'My project' I mean that I am paying for it. All credit goes to the community!

It is the automated brewery that desides when it makes beer - to hurry it up would be against nature. It will happen at the exact time and second that it is supposed to - just as predicted by nostradamas in the 43rd quatrain.

"So I will take the design and print gears"
I'm wondering how dense the printed plastic is, how it wears, how long the gears would last and how strong the teeth would be under pressure.
Gear ratios could ease the load but wear is still important.

Well there goes 20 minutes of my life flicking through this post! All bullshit i reckon this guy couldnt finish breakfast let alone build what he says hes trying to

"So I will take the design and print gears"
I'm wondering how dense the printed plastic is, how it wears, how long the gears would last and how strong the teeth would be under pressure.
Gear ratios could ease the load but wear is still important.

My questions exactly! I will find out!

Well there goes 20 minutes of my life flicking through this post! All bullshit i reckon this guy couldnt finish breakfast let alone build what he says hes trying to

Really?!? only 20 minutes?
try spending about 20 hours a week for 9 months!

You got off lightly! give up and go home now!

That is, unless you have some balls and want see it through to the end?

Thankyou yardy, you have been the inspiration I needed to persevere countless times!

Onya Yardy <_<

You have also inspired me brad! I thankyou for your support! There are too many to thank. But then again, its not finnished yet. Give me some leeway, some more time!

I'm logging out for the next month so I can concentrate on actually doing shit.

Feel free to comment, but I wont see it for a while :)

Anyone want some action on a working 3d printer spitting out grain dispensers and gears by the end of the month?

nice! Put me down for 100billion happiness points against the spread! I trust your mum still redems them :blink:

(Its a joke!)

Anyone want some action on a working 3d printer spitting out grain dispensers and gears by the end of the month?

No chance, he'll probably end up wanting to build a nuclear power plant to power the soldering iron to build the reprap machine to build the grain dispenser to make some beer. ;)

Seriously, simplify. Gears can be bought easily, and found in all sorts of junk. I have seen the output of the Makebot and it wasn't that impressive. I doubt gears built with it would work that well.

Seriously, simplify. Gears can be bought easily, and found in all sorts of junk. I have seen the output of the Makebot and it wasn't that impressive. I doubt gears built with it would work that well.

You can lead a horse...

youcanleadahorsetowater.jpg

That's not a horse I hear you say, but its as close to a horse as this project ever gets to producing beer.

I like your aim to make an automated system but, is this so you can push a button walk off to come back serval hours and have beer in a fermenter waiting for yeast? I can tell you that that will not be the case. I have worked in factories where there are fully automated machines that do all the hard work but have a man sitting at the controls the entire time the machine is in operation. Why? because machines malfunction, get jammed and other crazy things.
So what is the drive to build such a system?

You realise that you're the fat naked dude embarrassing himself in the execution of a pointless task under your visual analogy, right? Let the donkey be a donkey. To change it's donkey nature is impossible.
Sure I'm the fat naked dude - but you bum are the ass. :p

Latest posts

Back