Fully Automated Brewing System Design

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt it. I don't think he was ever into brewing, I think he was just lonely.

I don't think you read his posts. Sure, his system was always of a higher priority than the beer but, quite frankly, I have been confused since day dot about how everyone else didn't understand that - beer actually isn't so hard to make that it needs a large sum of money spent on it to automate the process - you do it because you want to.

And he has posted periodically in other threads about about beers he's built in pretty much the same fashion as this system.

One of these kids is doing his own thing.

Anyway, at the risk of taking a random stab too seriously, I think he copped far too much flak. Flak was certainly required at times but there was too much in total.

I have finished mine

Culinaire_One_Touch_Electric_Can_Opener.jpg

hey bandito,
great idea, i would love a system like this...but...you mentioned patents? i think you may find that now you have posted all this information and discussed it openly on a forum you may have some issues. should you be successful in your patent application and then decide to market the idea in any way, every individual who has had comment toward your "invention" would be eligible for royalties.

He's talking about something else up his sleeve in regards to the patents.

And I'm not sure how much royalties might have been earned in telling him to get his hand off it.

i can't really see ipods for cows taking off to be honest..

This cow will buy one:

hipster-cow-19963-1279907683-17.jpg

Ah. I forgot my audience, didn't I?

This help at all?

cowpod.jpg

Dude. Orange is so last year.

Soooooo glad I didn't really meet anyone at the bulk buy.

This would not end well for me.

well, if i do frequent any ahb functions i will definitely be avoiding the orange headphones bloke.

You will be strangely drawn to him. He has an undeniable magnetism (patent pending).

Come on bandito defend yourself.

Meh...

I'm spending my time building shit, and programming. My desk is full with a disassembled linear actuator, a grian dispenser etc etc.

I have ordered parts for a home made 3d printer to print a grain dispenser - link: reprap.org

So I will be 3dprinting my own plastic grain dispensers and other miscelaneous stuff. I will upload the models to thingyverse when tested.

With the default motor it would have taken too long to dispense the malt - 50 seconds per 53 grams! By replacing the motor I got it down to 23 seconds - but I still want it to be faster. So I will take the design and print gears and the whole lot to dispense in a few minutes.

Obviously the schedule has blown out, but meh, its my project! Complaints can be emailed directly to [email protected]

Things are really getting into the nitty gritty. Little details now rule my world. Its not anywhere as easy as I thought it would be- especially the programming - but is still doable.

Once again - everything to do this project will be open source and open design. I dont want any patents on brew shit. I will have a grain dispenser that anyone, even me can print for a price soon. See ya's in another month with an update. Hopefully it will be close to being finnished by then.

Thanks for the support!
Bandito

Back